Congratulations to Yvonne Kraker nominated by BizTimes as a Health Care Hero for 2012 in the Nursing category.
Yvonne, Franciscan Villa’s Director of Nursing for Assisted Living, started out her career as a missionary in Africa, serving the population there for 17 years. Yvonne and her husband helped to train the village health workers and treated patients with rapid dog bites, snakebites, malaria and even leopard attacks. She returned to the states and sought out a career in long-term care, working with the elderly and Alzheimer’s patients.
Yvonne has the patience of a saint and provides excellent nursing to those in her care. She is very compassionate about her job and believes every position in a health care setting is important. “Everybody needs to work together for the benefit of the patients.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cudahy Girls and Boys Basketball Clubs
- Wixon Adds Protein Project Manager Nathan Radue
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Book Signing & Authentic Viennese Recipes at Library!
- Cudahy Post Office Set To Deliver Packages on Sunday
- Cudahy Chronic Nuisance Billing Oct 2014
- Cudahy Man Promoted to Brigadier General - USAF
- North Shore Bank Hosts Community Wellness Day in Cudahy
- Holiday Folk Fair to Help Celebrate Italian Heritage Month
- "Identity Theft" presented by Educators Credit Union