Congratulations to Yvonne Kraker nominated by BizTimes as a Health Care Hero for 2012 in the Nursing category.
Yvonne, Franciscan Villa’s Director of Nursing for Assisted Living, started out her career as a missionary in Africa, serving the population there for 17 years. Yvonne and her husband helped to train the village health workers and treated patients with rapid dog bites, snakebites, malaria and even leopard attacks. She returned to the states and sought out a career in long-term care, working with the elderly and Alzheimer’s patients.
Yvonne has the patience of a saint and provides excellent nursing to those in her care. She is very compassionate about her job and believes every position in a health care setting is important. “Everybody needs to work together for the benefit of the patients.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wacky Wednesday Crazy Crafts for Kids August 12
- Cudahy Health Department Maintains Level III Status
- Cool It at St. Ann Center Jewelry Sale and Ice Cream Social
- City of Cudahy 2016 Budget Time Table
- Wisconsin Wolfpack U15/U16 Baseball team holds Tryouts
- Two Fun Dog Events Coming Soon
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- The American Dream - Homebuyer Education presented by Educator's Credit Union
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration