A record number of swimmers and families showed up to join the new Schroeder South YMCA Swim Team at the recent tryout held at Deer Creek Intermediate School in St. Francis.
"We're really pleased with the turnout, but we still have openings," said Robert White, Jr., Head Coach of the Schroeder South YMCA team. Interested swimmers can tryout by coming to the Deer Creek Pool Tuesday evenings from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. Kids who are 10 -14 can come Tuesdays from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. To qualify for the team, swimmers have to be able to swim a length of the pool, which is 25 yards, freestyle or front crawl."
Coach White added that Schroeder South YMCA swimmers are trained by full-time, professional coaches, and that the kids are already gaining confidence at practice while they have fun making new friends.
Coming attractions for the new team include: Equipment Night/Parent Info Meeting, Tuesday, November 27th at 6:15 p.m. at Deer Creek Pool, a holiday practice in December with prizes and surprises, and a swimming meet where the kids will do some racing.
For more information about the new team, contact Coach Ann White at 414-897-8932.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 2015 GET FIT Workshop - Kelly Senior Center
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Special Exhibits And Displays Showcased at Holiday Folk Fair International
- GERALD PETERSON IS AT IT AGAIN!!!!!
- Post Office Offers Holiday Mailing Tips
- Mail Early, Mail Often
- County Executive Abele to Attend South Milwaukee Meet the Mayor Event
- Slovak Artistic Heritage on Display at Holiday Folk Fair International
- Dream Journals for 'Tweens & Teens at the Oak Creek Library
- MIAW Prowrestling