A record number of swimmers and families showed up to join the new Schroeder South YMCA Swim Team at the recent tryout held at Deer Creek Intermediate School in St. Francis.
"We're really pleased with the turnout, but we still have openings," said Robert White, Jr., Head Coach of the Schroeder South YMCA team. Interested swimmers can tryout by coming to the Deer Creek Pool Tuesday evenings from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. Kids who are 10 -14 can come Tuesdays from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. To qualify for the team, swimmers have to be able to swim a length of the pool, which is 25 yards, freestyle or front crawl."
Coach White added that Schroeder South YMCA swimmers are trained by full-time, professional coaches, and that the kids are already gaining confidence at practice while they have fun making new friends.
Coming attractions for the new team include: Equipment Night/Parent Info Meeting, Tuesday, November 27th at 6:15 p.m. at Deer Creek Pool, a holiday practice in December with prizes and surprises, and a swimming meet where the kids will do some racing.
For more information about the new team, contact Coach Ann White at 414-897-8932.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HamBINGO Thursday June 4 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- What's Your Score? - presented by Educators Credit Union
- Cudahy Farmers Market Grand Opening June 3!
- Open House at Cudahy Historical Society Depot This Saturday
- SM Author Jerrianne Hayslett’s Short Story Wins First-Place Prize
- Cudahy Memorial Day Ceremony
- "Award ofExcellence"
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- St. Mark's Project Concern Benefit Musical Extravaganza
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest