A record number of swimmers and families showed up to join the new Schroeder South YMCA Swim Team at the recent tryout held at Deer Creek Intermediate School in St. Francis.
"We're really pleased with the turnout, but we still have openings," said Robert White, Jr., Head Coach of the Schroeder South YMCA team. Interested swimmers can tryout by coming to the Deer Creek Pool Tuesday evenings from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. Kids who are 10 -14 can come Tuesdays from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. To qualify for the team, swimmers have to be able to swim a length of the pool, which is 25 yards, freestyle or front crawl."
Coach White added that Schroeder South YMCA swimmers are trained by full-time, professional coaches, and that the kids are already gaining confidence at practice while they have fun making new friends.
Coming attractions for the new team include: Equipment Night/Parent Info Meeting, Tuesday, November 27th at 6:15 p.m. at Deer Creek Pool, a holiday practice in December with prizes and surprises, and a swimming meet where the kids will do some racing.
For more information about the new team, contact Coach Ann White at 414-897-8932.
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- Illinois-Based Alexander-King Farms Complaints Rack Up from Wisconsin Consumers over Undelivered Meat
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- Update on former South Shore YMCA facility
- City of Cudahy continued refinancing efforts
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs