The Cudahy War Memorial is donating a tree from their memorial at Sheridan Park as the 2012 Milwaukee County Christmas Tree.
“We are honored that the Cudahy War Memorial has offered this tree and we hope it will become a reminder this holiday season of the sacrifice all veterans make for this county,” Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele said.
“Since this tree has stood as a sentry for our War Memorial in Cudahy, it is fitting that this symbol which represents everlasting life during Christmas stand in the rotunda of the courthouse. Thank you veterans for your everlasting gift; may we all embrace the meaning of this yule tree,” stated Supervisor Patricia Jursik who represents District 8 including Cudahy.
The tree will be cut down on Monday, November 19, 2012 and moved to the Milwaukee County Courthouse. The County Tree Lighting will take place on Thursday, November 29, 2012.
By donating this tree, the Cudahy War Memorial will be able to move their flag pole to be more prominently displayed and it will open up more room for future Veterans events. The Cudahy War Memorial lists the names of all the veterans from Cudahy killed on foreign soil since WWI.
What: County Christmas Tree Cutting
When: Monday, November 19th – 8:45am
Where: Cudahy War Memorial
Southeast corner of S. Lake Drive and E. Layton Avenue, Cudahy, WI
This press release was issued by the office of County Executive Chris Abele on November 13, 2012.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- "Brass at the Border" concert
- House of Love Celebration '15 Is Almost Here!
- Cudahy Board of Education Approves Inquiry into Purchase of South Shore YMCA Building
- Corporate Housing in Brookfield, WI - Special Pricing
- Paranormal Milwaukee returns to the Cudahy Family Library
- National Memorabilia Appraiser & Local Home & Gardening Experts to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- Save the Date for Cedarburg Art Fair on March 7th, 10-4
- Friends of Pulaski Park-Cudahy Planning Park Upgrade
- Cudahy School District Increases Aquatics Programming
- Three to Get Ready- Four to Go!