The Cudahy War Memorial is donating a tree from their memorial at Sheridan Park as the 2012 Milwaukee County Christmas Tree.
“We are honored that the Cudahy War Memorial has offered this tree and we hope it will become a reminder this holiday season of the sacrifice all veterans make for this county,” Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele said.
“Since this tree has stood as a sentry for our War Memorial in Cudahy, it is fitting that this symbol which represents everlasting life during Christmas stand in the rotunda of the courthouse. Thank you veterans for your everlasting gift; may we all embrace the meaning of this yule tree,” stated Supervisor Patricia Jursik who represents District 8 including Cudahy.
The tree will be cut down on Monday, November 19, 2012 and moved to the Milwaukee County Courthouse. The County Tree Lighting will take place on Thursday, November 29, 2012.
By donating this tree, the Cudahy War Memorial will be able to move their flag pole to be more prominently displayed and it will open up more room for future Veterans events. The Cudahy War Memorial lists the names of all the veterans from Cudahy killed on foreign soil since WWI.
What: County Christmas Tree Cutting
When: Monday, November 19th – 8:45am
Where: Cudahy War Memorial
Southeast corner of S. Lake Drive and E. Layton Avenue, Cudahy, WI
This press release was issued by the office of County Executive Chris Abele on November 13, 2012.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin BBB Advises: Beware of Green Dot MoneyPak Scams
- Ted Lang Speed and Agility Camp at Cudahy High School (June 17th-21st)
- Cudahy High School Football to Offer Free Football Camps This Summer
- Cudahy High School Football Golf Outing-August 17th at Grant Park
- Bike Auction & Rummage Saturday
- Children’s Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation
- Grant Park Warbler Walks welcomes newbies
- Visit the Revolutionary War Ecampment at the Cudahy Family Library
- New Sponsor for Cudahy Family Movie Night
- South Milwaukee Market Opens Summer Season May 23