Waukesha West High School will host the 16th Annual Fox River Marching Band Invitational on Sunday, September 23rd, 2012. The show will begin at 1:30 P.M. (rain or shine) and will feature some of the finest bands in Wisconsin. Scheduled to perform this year are marching bands from Cedarburg, Cudahy, Fort Atkinson, Greendale, Hamilton, Mukwonago, New Berlin Eisenhower, Oak Creek, Sauk Prairie, Waukesha North, Wisconsin Lutheran, Whitnall, and Waukesha West High Schools.
The Cadets of Waukesha West will perform a special judged exhibition. After their performance, all senior Cadets will be recognized for their years of hard work and dedication to the band. The Cadets of Waukesha West are entering their nineteenth competitive marching band season. They have received first or second place awards at the WSMA Marching Band Championships in Division AAAA each year since 1997.
Ticket costs for adults are $7.00 at the gate. Children from age six to thirteen are $5.00 and children under 6 are free.
The Fox River Marching Band Invitational has quickly become one of the premier marching band events in the state. The Invitational not only is a great display of marching and music, it also is the West Band Boosters’ biggest fundraiser and very important to the overall success of the band program at Waukesha West. The Waukesha West band program relies heavily on the support from the band booster organization to purchase additional instruments and music as well as to supplement other program needs. Over seventy volunteers will work at the contest to make the afternoon an enjoyable event. Great food and beverages will be available for purchase from the concession stand. The unbeatable combination of beautiful fall weather and great music has made this contest a not-to-be-missed fall tradition in our community.
Please call Mr. Dan Duffy, Waukesha West's director of bands, at 262-970-4005 with any questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Card Skimming: Can it Happen to You?
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Stay Alert! School’s Back In Session
- 51st SAINT FRANCIS DAYS
- Callen Construction Offers Tips for Preventing and Eliminating Exterior Mold
- Free Writing Workshop for Kids
- Cudahy Historical Society Outdoor Band Concert Tuesday
- Please support the Packard Avenue Businesses during construction
- HamBINGO Thursday August 20 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- SOUTH MILWAUKEE PERFORMING ARTS CENTER PRESENTS BOSTON BRASS: AND THE NOMINEES ARE… SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 7:30 PM