The South Shore YMCA, part of the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee, announced that Cudahy Mayor Tony Day has been presented with emeritus status on the South Shore YMCA’s Board of Managers for his long-time personal and financial service on the board.
“We have been fortunate to have Tony’s dedication to the Y and value the leadership, passion and hard work he brings to the organization,” said Jim Heiden, board chair for the South Shore YMCA. “We are excited to present Tony with emeritus status and look forward to having him remain a key part of the South Shore YMCA community for years to come.”
Day has been a member of the South Shore YMCA for 35 years, serving on the board for more than 20 years. He has played a large role in the development of the South Shore YMCA, including co-chairing and assisting with raising funds for the new wellness center, outdoor pavilions, special needs locker rooms, a new playground, as well as general updates to the facility. Additionally, Day was honored as South Shore YMCA’s Distinguished Volunteer of the Year award in 1993 and 2000, and received the Key Leader Award in 1996, 2000 and 2005.
Day is currently the Mayor of Cudahy and is highly involved in the local community through the Chamber of Commerce, the Cudahy Lions and other community organizations.
The YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee is a powerful association of men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion to strengthen the foundations of community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Since 1858, Milwaukee YMCAs have helped kids and families live healthy lives in spirit, mind and body. Supported in part through contributions to the Annual Campaign, the Y provides membership assistance and scholarships to programs like summer camp, child care and teen activities, so that no one is turned away due to an inability to pay. http://www.ymcamke.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Card Skimming: Can it Happen to You?
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Stay Alert! School’s Back In Session
- 51st SAINT FRANCIS DAYS
- Callen Construction Offers Tips for Preventing and Eliminating Exterior Mold
- Free Writing Workshop for Kids
- Cudahy Historical Society Outdoor Band Concert Tuesday
- Please support the Packard Avenue Businesses during construction
- HamBINGO Thursday August 20 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- SOUTH MILWAUKEE PERFORMING ARTS CENTER PRESENTS BOSTON BRASS: AND THE NOMINEES ARE… SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 7:30 PM