The City of Cudahy has been notified by the US Postal Service that the Packard Plaza Shopping Center will be the next location for the city's post office.
According to City Comptroller Jim Williamson, the post office will occupy the store vacated last year by Quality Candy. It has not been determined when the Cudahy post office will move from its present location at the corner of East Plankinton and South Packard avenues.
Packard Plaza was among four locations considered. The others were: Whitnall Square; along Pennsylvania avenue; and Ramsey and Packard.
The increase in traffic expected to be generated by the new post office should be a benefit to the moribund plaza, which has been plagued by vacancies over the past few years.
- First Annual Taste of the Gateway: Wednesday, July 20
- Bluegrass Fest Benefit to Pulaski Park-Cudahy
- South Shore Police Departments Partner for Traffic Enforcement
- Pancake Breakfast at the Kelly Center
- The South Shore Farmers Market is open for the season
- Shop St. Francis Week - June 27 to July 4th Offers discounts and offers!
- South Milwaukee Football Annual Golf Outing
- Former Southshore YMCA to become public community recreation center
- Added Yoga Classes at the Cudahy Family Library
- Cudahy Health Department Awarded Grant