The City of Cudahy has been notified by the US Postal Service that the Packard Plaza Shopping Center will be the next location for the city's post office.
According to City Comptroller Jim Williamson, the post office will occupy the store vacated last year by Quality Candy. It has not been determined when the Cudahy post office will move from its present location at the corner of East Plankinton and South Packard avenues.
Packard Plaza was among four locations considered. The others were: Whitnall Square; along Pennsylvania avenue; and Ramsey and Packard.
The increase in traffic expected to be generated by the new post office should be a benefit to the moribund plaza, which has been plagued by vacancies over the past few years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Dick Woerfel Memorial Tournament is a Success
- Children's Author Deborah Diesen to Visit Oak Creek Public Library
- DHS Throws Disabled Under the Bus
- Bay View Business Gives Back
- "The Ultimate Sacrifice and History" presented by Tom Mueller (Oak Creek Resident)
- Free Outdoor Band Concert Tuesday!
- Cudahy Police To Participate in Alcohol Crackdown
- Cudahy’s Net New Construction is .20%
- Jessica Michna Portrays Helen Keller at the Cudahy Family Library.