The City of Cudahy has been notified by the US Postal Service that the Packard Plaza Shopping Center will be the next location for the city's post office.
According to City Comptroller Jim Williamson, the post office will occupy the store vacated last year by Quality Candy. It has not been determined when the Cudahy post office will move from its present location at the corner of East Plankinton and South Packard avenues.
Packard Plaza was among four locations considered. The others were: Whitnall Square; along Pennsylvania avenue; and Ramsey and Packard.
The increase in traffic expected to be generated by the new post office should be a benefit to the moribund plaza, which has been plagued by vacancies over the past few years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HamBingo Wednesday April 23 Benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Spring Market Returns to SM High School on April 26th
- Additional Update on Cudahy Borrowing and Bond Ratings
- Submariner to Present Program at Cudahy Family Library
- Build For A Better South Shore
- Art Work Contest in Cudahy for 4th of July Flier
- Cudahy High School "Reality Check" Program Volunteers Neeeded
- Town of Lake Author to Speak at Tuesday's Cudahy Historical Society Meeting
- Songbird Stamps Take Flight This Spring Through the U.S. Mail
- St. Francis Library Spring Party