The 2011 National Night Out for the City of Cudahy was a great success! This great community event attracted over 1,750 citizens to the Cudahy Family Library parking lot to see dynamic performances and informative displays. Local Cudahy restaurants cooked on scene and served delicious food to those in attendance. The Cudahy Police Department displayed it's Evidence Technician Vehicle, seized drug vehicle, Squad car and 4 wheel all terrain vehicle. The Cudahy Fire Dept. had several vehicles on display. The Milwaukee County Sheriffs Dept., State Patrol, FBI, Milwaukee Fire Dept. Haz Mat 1 and Cudahy DPW had vehicles and staff on display. The U.S. Navy, Marines, Army and Air National Guard had displays with weaponry and information. The Cudahy Health Dept. professionally fit bike helmets for children. There was a large custom car show, music and karaoke and a large children's game area with a bounce house and thousands of free prizes. The Library held a successful indoor health and wellness informational display area where you could get information from professionals. Cudahy H.S. Pom Pon Squad, Cheerleading Team, The Leslynettes all performed award winning routines. South Shore Cyclery provided a free safety check for all bicycles. The CUPD Tactical Team performed 2 exciting deployments, Ezzo (K9) performed a drug search and dealt with a resistive subject. A CUPD Officer was Tased to show it's effectiveness. Miss Wisconsin (NOW MISS. U.S.A.), Miss Milwaukee and Miss St. Francis were there to greet and meet all in attendance. The klement's Racing Sausages were walking the event throughout the day.
This years event will be Thursday, August 9th from 4PM - 8PM in the Cudahy Family Library parking lot.
Please contact me with any great ideas or to volunteer your time!
-Officer Robert Jachowicz
5050 S. Lake Dr.
Cudahy, WI. 53110
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Mayor St. Marie-Carls was voted down on her request for the City of St. Francis City Council to take action on tax disparity and Citizens concerns who have received up to 64% increase in their property taxes.
- Packard Plaza in Cudahy sold
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- The Gateway to Milwaukee Has Been Supporting Economic Progress in the Airport Area for Past 10 Years
- Registration is Open for Walk MS: Milwaukee
- CHS Class Ring received 72 years After Graduation!
- "HeART & Sole" Sister's EXPO