The 2011 National Night Out for the City of Cudahy was a great success! This great community event attracted over 1,750 citizens to the Cudahy Family Library parking lot to see dynamic performances and informative displays. Local Cudahy restaurants cooked on scene and served delicious food to those in attendance. The Cudahy Police Department displayed it's Evidence Technician Vehicle, seized drug vehicle, Squad car and 4 wheel all terrain vehicle. The Cudahy Fire Dept. had several vehicles on display. The Milwaukee County Sheriffs Dept., State Patrol, FBI, Milwaukee Fire Dept. Haz Mat 1 and Cudahy DPW had vehicles and staff on display. The U.S. Navy, Marines, Army and Air National Guard had displays with weaponry and information. The Cudahy Health Dept. professionally fit bike helmets for children. There was a large custom car show, music and karaoke and a large children's game area with a bounce house and thousands of free prizes. The Library held a successful indoor health and wellness informational display area where you could get information from professionals. Cudahy H.S. Pom Pon Squad, Cheerleading Team, The Leslynettes all performed award winning routines. South Shore Cyclery provided a free safety check for all bicycles. The CUPD Tactical Team performed 2 exciting deployments, Ezzo (K9) performed a drug search and dealt with a resistive subject. A CUPD Officer was Tased to show it's effectiveness. Miss Wisconsin (NOW MISS. U.S.A.), Miss Milwaukee and Miss St. Francis were there to greet and meet all in attendance. The klement's Racing Sausages were walking the event throughout the day.
This years event will be Thursday, August 9th from 4PM - 8PM in the Cudahy Family Library parking lot.
Please contact me with any great ideas or to volunteer your time!
-Officer Robert Jachowicz
5050 S. Lake Dr.
Cudahy, WI. 53110
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Thomas More High School to Dedicate New Gym Floor to Coach Rick Majerus
- Racine Starving Artists Outdoor Fair August 2nd
- New Trees, New Tables and Bluegrass
- Band Concert - Cudahy Historical Society
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- U14 Storm Baseball Tryouts for 2016
- Mayor Announces that City of St. Francis Development efforts moving forward
- Increased aircraft activity over Milwaukee this week