A number of constituents have called my county office to complain about the increase on the county portion of their tax bills. If you review your county line on the Cudahy tax bill, it appears to have increased 8.7%. First, let me state that I voted AGAINST the tax levy and budget for 2012 due to approximately 2% increase in county budget over 2011. However, the 8.7% increase on your city tax bill is due largely to the recalculation of Cudahy's TIF. I want to thank City accountant Bruce Schuknecht for spending some time to address this issue with me and would encourage others who want to understand the complicated formula to talk directly with Bruce.
Several of the City's TIF (tax incremental finance) districts have had valuation increases. The 2011 increase was about 5 million. In addition, two environmental TIFs for the City also increased. These increases account for most of the percentage increases on the county line item. The county tax levy shown on your tax bill of 8.7% does not translate into a bottom line increase of the county budget by 8.7% for your City tax levy line item. I can discuss the county budget in more detail if you like. My county phone is 278-4231. If you want to understand the TIF formulas, please contact your City of Cudahy elected officials or talk with the city accountant.
Patricia Jursik, County Supervisor representing Cudahy
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cudahy Health Department Maintains Level III Status
- Cool It at St. Ann Center Jewelry Sale and Ice Cream Social
- City of Cudahy 2016 Budget Time Table
- Wisconsin Wolfpack U15/U16 Baseball team holds Tryouts
- Two Fun Dog Events Coming Soon
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- The American Dream - Homebuyer Education presented by Educator's Credit Union
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Thomas More High School to Dedicate New Gym Floor to Coach Rick Majerus