A number of constituents have called my county office to complain about the increase on the county portion of their tax bills. If you review your county line on the Cudahy tax bill, it appears to have increased 8.7%. First, let me state that I voted AGAINST the tax levy and budget for 2012 due to approximately 2% increase in county budget over 2011. However, the 8.7% increase on your city tax bill is due largely to the recalculation of Cudahy's TIF. I want to thank City accountant Bruce Schuknecht for spending some time to address this issue with me and would encourage others who want to understand the complicated formula to talk directly with Bruce.
Several of the City's TIF (tax incremental finance) districts have had valuation increases. The 2011 increase was about 5 million. In addition, two environmental TIFs for the City also increased. These increases account for most of the percentage increases on the county line item. The county tax levy shown on your tax bill of 8.7% does not translate into a bottom line increase of the county budget by 8.7% for your City tax levy line item. I can discuss the county budget in more detail if you like. My county phone is 278-4231. If you want to understand the TIF formulas, please contact your City of Cudahy elected officials or talk with the city accountant.
Patricia Jursik, County Supervisor representing Cudahy
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Barrett Lo Visionary Development Announces Valentine Coffee Co. as Newest Tenant at Emerald Row
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- Thank you for a successful Cudahy Arbor Day event in 2016!
- Come to the Cudahy Family Library in May to learn all about the Pabst Family
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Feast of the Sacred Heart Celebration
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry