COMMUNITY SPIRIT PARK - Milwaukee's Cathedral Square Park was transformed into a community spirit park Saturday, November 12th, thanks to help from hundreds of students. Art students from more than 60 area high schools, middle schools and elementary schools schools have been busy making ornaments for the Community Art Project “Community Spirit Park” which is on display in downtown Milwaukee!
Cudahy elementary students from Park View, General Mitchell and J.E. Jones participated this season. The schools involved each were responsible for decorating one tree, and each school had a theme. Park View, J.E. Jones and General Mitchell. Themes include: Park View is “All Red”; J.E. Jones is “Starry”; General Mitchell has a “Birds” theme.
There are 72 trees available for all schools in Milwaukee county to submit for a tree. School District of Cudahy had three trees, one for each elementary school. This will be the third year for J.E Jones and Park View to decorate a tree, General Mitchell will have their first appearance this year. This event is a community art project to reflect students work in Milwaukee county.
This display will have a sign for each school and will end on January 2nd.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cudahy Girls and Boys Basketball Clubs
- Wixon Adds Protein Project Manager Nathan Radue
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Book Signing & Authentic Viennese Recipes at Library!
- Cudahy Post Office Set To Deliver Packages on Sunday
- Cudahy Chronic Nuisance Billing Oct 2014
- Cudahy Man Promoted to Brigadier General - USAF
- North Shore Bank Hosts Community Wellness Day in Cudahy
- Holiday Folk Fair to Help Celebrate Italian Heritage Month
- "Identity Theft" presented by Educators Credit Union