COMMUNITY SPIRIT PARK - Milwaukee's Cathedral Square Park was transformed into a community spirit park Saturday, November 12th, thanks to help from hundreds of students. Art students from more than 60 area high schools, middle schools and elementary schools schools have been busy making ornaments for the Community Art Project “Community Spirit Park” which is on display in downtown Milwaukee!
Cudahy elementary students from Park View, General Mitchell and J.E. Jones participated this season. The schools involved each were responsible for decorating one tree, and each school had a theme. Park View, J.E. Jones and General Mitchell. Themes include: Park View is “All Red”; J.E. Jones is “Starry”; General Mitchell has a “Birds” theme.
There are 72 trees available for all schools in Milwaukee county to submit for a tree. School District of Cudahy had three trees, one for each elementary school. This will be the third year for J.E Jones and Park View to decorate a tree, General Mitchell will have their first appearance this year. This event is a community art project to reflect students work in Milwaukee county.
This display will have a sign for each school and will end on January 2nd.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cudahy High School Baseball Fundraiser
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House Saturday
- HamBingo Wednesday April 23 Benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Spring Market Returns to SM High School on April 26th
- Additional Update on Cudahy Borrowing and Bond Ratings
- Submariner to Present Program at Cudahy Family Library
- Build For A Better South Shore
- Art Work Contest in Cudahy for 4th of July Flier
- Cudahy High School "Reality Check" Program Volunteers Neeeded
- Town of Lake Author to Speak at Tuesday's Cudahy Historical Society Meeting