Some of southeastern Wisconsin’s finest Celtic singers, musicians and dancers will be featured when Irish singer Fiona Molloy and special guests Dublin O’Shea perform in the Hallamor of the Irish Cultural and Heritage Center, 2133 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, on Saturday, Nov. 12, at 7:30 p.m.
Accompanying Molloy is Cudahy musician David Klawes. Klawes plays a bodhran, the handheld Irish drum which is called the heartbeat of Irish music. He has been playing for six years and frequently performs with the duo Frogwater. Also on the November show is Highland bagpiper Sean Cavanaugh, and the Kinsella Academy of Irish Dance.
Although she now calls Wisconsin home and lives in Eagle, Molloy is originally from Derry, Northern Ireland, where she was dubbed the Songbird of Peace for her performances during the “troubles” in the 1970s. Her “angelic” voice has been heard by many world leaders and she has been a favorite of Milwaukee Irish Fest audiences. Molloy’s songs range from original ballads and rowdy pub favorites to songs by other artists including Joan Baez. She is an engaging performer who can make an audience laugh one moment and bring a tear to their eyes the next.
Opening the night’s entertainment is the freewheeling and fun-loving band Dublin O’Shea, known for energizing audiences with songs from Ireland, Scotland and the nautical tradition played on guitar, fiddle, mandolin and bodhran.
Reserved seat tickets are $19. To order tickets and also view the full Hallamor concert series, visit www.ichc.net. Tickets may also be ordered by calling (414) 345-8800.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Carlos Meyers will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- WindSync "Simple Gifts: A Holiday Sampler"
- Annual Cudahy High School Alumni Basketball Tournament
- Ye Olde Christmas Feaste
- Local Author's Novel, Schrodinger's Dachshund, Set in Cudahy
- BBB Offers Tips to Black Friday Shoppers
- Prasser-Kleczka is donating to Hunger Task Force but we need YOUR help!
- Mr. Stephen Parr in Dicken's Doctor Marigold's Prescription at the Cudahy Family Library
- Twenty-Nine Years of Holiday Lights Provide Hope on Candy Cane Lane
- St. Mark's "Night of the Father's Love"