Some of southeastern Wisconsin’s finest Celtic singers, musicians and dancers will be featured when Irish singer Fiona Molloy and special guests Dublin O’Shea perform in the Hallamor of the Irish Cultural and Heritage Center, 2133 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, on Saturday, Nov. 12, at 7:30 p.m.
Accompanying Molloy is Cudahy musician David Klawes. Klawes plays a bodhran, the handheld Irish drum which is called the heartbeat of Irish music. He has been playing for six years and frequently performs with the duo Frogwater. Also on the November show is Highland bagpiper Sean Cavanaugh, and the Kinsella Academy of Irish Dance.
Although she now calls Wisconsin home and lives in Eagle, Molloy is originally from Derry, Northern Ireland, where she was dubbed the Songbird of Peace for her performances during the “troubles” in the 1970s. Her “angelic” voice has been heard by many world leaders and she has been a favorite of Milwaukee Irish Fest audiences. Molloy’s songs range from original ballads and rowdy pub favorites to songs by other artists including Joan Baez. She is an engaging performer who can make an audience laugh one moment and bring a tear to their eyes the next.
Opening the night’s entertainment is the freewheeling and fun-loving band Dublin O’Shea, known for energizing audiences with songs from Ireland, Scotland and the nautical tradition played on guitar, fiddle, mandolin and bodhran.
Reserved seat tickets are $19. To order tickets and also view the full Hallamor concert series, visit www.ichc.net. Tickets may also be ordered by calling (414) 345-8800.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MIAW Pro Wrestling Returns to Papa Luigi's
- Grand Time Out 2015
- Polish Heritage Month Display at Cudahy Family Library
- Wisconsin Author at Cudahy Family Library, Tuesday November 10 2015
- Celebrate I Love Yarn Day at Cudahy Family Library
- Cudahy Depot Listed on National Register of Historic Places
- Cudahy Historic Depot Celebrates!
- INTERFAITH HOSTING ANNUAL NEIGHBORHOOD OUTREACH FUNDRAISER TO SUPPORT SENIORS IN THE COMMUNITY
- See the World Up Close Without Leaving Home - Host with YFU USA!
- Cudahy Health Department Receives officla Plaque on Level III Status