YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee Invites Supporters to Donate ‘Pennies From Heaven’ at jcpenney
From now until October 25, shoppers at the jcpenney store at Southridge Mall are invited to turn small change into “pennies from heaven” by rounding up their purchases and donating the difference to the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee’s afterschool program in Cudahy. The YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee (the Y), a leading nonprofit committed to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, is one of 1,100 afterschool organizations from across the country matched with a local jcpenney store that will benefit from the proceeds raised during the pennies from heaven campaign.
“At the Y, we believe young people deserve to reach their full potential and we are committed to providing quality, affordable before and afterschool programs where kids can discover who they are and what they can achieve,” said Julie Lefler, Association Director of Childhood Development at the Y. “We hope the community will keep our commitment to youth in mind, so that the positive learning environments we provide after school will continue to be available to Cudahy and South Milwaukee students.”
National research shows that one out of four students in the U.S. is on their own between the hours of 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. each day.* The Y’s afterschool program serves more than 160 Cudahy and South Milwaukee students each year, providing a safe and nurturing environment where youth develop social and critical thinking skills, engage in physical activity, and achieve academic success in school to reach their full potential.
For more information related to the pennies from heaven initiative, visit jcpenneyafterschool.org.
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- Illinois-Based Alexander-King Farms Complaints Rack Up from Wisconsin Consumers over Undelivered Meat
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- Update on former South Shore YMCA facility
- City of Cudahy continued refinancing efforts
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs