YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee Invites Supporters to Donate ‘Pennies From Heaven’ at jcpenney
From now until October 25, shoppers at the jcpenney store at Southridge Mall are invited to turn small change into “pennies from heaven” by rounding up their purchases and donating the difference to the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee’s afterschool program in Cudahy. The YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee (the Y), a leading nonprofit committed to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, is one of 1,100 afterschool organizations from across the country matched with a local jcpenney store that will benefit from the proceeds raised during the pennies from heaven campaign.
“At the Y, we believe young people deserve to reach their full potential and we are committed to providing quality, affordable before and afterschool programs where kids can discover who they are and what they can achieve,” said Julie Lefler, Association Director of Childhood Development at the Y. “We hope the community will keep our commitment to youth in mind, so that the positive learning environments we provide after school will continue to be available to Cudahy and South Milwaukee students.”
National research shows that one out of four students in the U.S. is on their own between the hours of 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. each day.* The Y’s afterschool program serves more than 160 Cudahy and South Milwaukee students each year, providing a safe and nurturing environment where youth develop social and critical thinking skills, engage in physical activity, and achieve academic success in school to reach their full potential.
For more information related to the pennies from heaven initiative, visit jcpenneyafterschool.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Movie and Game Day at St. Francis Library
- Kids Community Clothing Exchange
- Join the Cudahy Cogs Team for UPAF Remembering Carl Koch
- Cudahy Post Office Asks Residents to Help Stamp Out Hunger
- State Budget Information Session, Monday, April 20
- Two Complimentary Seminars: Facility and Extended Care, Medicare Basics at the Cudahy Family Library
- Taijiquan Exercise Classes at the Cudahy Family Libray
- South Shore Youth Rugby Club
- Oak Creek Library Baby Story Time
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Marvelous Monarch Butterflies