Hundreds of music students from area schools will participate in a Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA) sanctioned Music Festival hosted at Cudahy High School on Saturday, March 19, 2011. During the festival, which is free and open to the public, students will perform vocal and instrumental solos, duets, trios, and small ensembles before an adjudicator.
This WSMA Solo & Ensemble Festival will be held on Saturday, March 19, 2011 from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM at Cudahy High School. Scott Plank, Band Director from Cudahy High School will be serving as the festival manager.
WSMA music festivals annually attract thousands of students from middle, junior high and high schools throughout Wisconsin. The festival will draw students from a number of area schools, including Cudahy High School, Cudahy Middle School, Greendale High School, Greendale Middle School, South Milwaukee High School, and The Prairie School High School.
"These festivals are a great tradition in Wisconsin involving over 200,000 students annually,” said WSMA Executive Director Michael George.
WSMA music festivals support school music programs as part of a comprehensive education by encouraging the study of quality music literature; motivating students to prepare and perform to the best of their abilities; improving students’ understanding of music literature and concepts (performance through understanding) and providing a performance assessment to improve individual and group achievement.
For more information on WSMA, go to www.wsmamusic.org.
Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA) is a service organization with more than 1,000 member public and private schools. Each year, more than 220,000 students take the initiative to become involved in WSMA activities, such as District and State Music Festivals, State Honors Music Project, Student Composition Project, Launchpad and State Marching Band Championships. WSMA, also owner and operator of the Wisconsin Center for Music Education, is governed by a board of directors made up of superintendents, principals and other officers from all over the state. WSMA believes music is a basic human need and that all children have the right to experience all that music offers them.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- UW-Parkside and Choral Arts Society Present "The Sorcerer"
- SM Author's "Animal Teachers" Wins Wisconsin Award
- South Shore enews update
- Oak Creek Library Kid Flicks Thursday April 9 at 1:30 p.m.
- April 19: Meet Sundance Award-Winner & South Milwaukee Native Chad Gracia, Ukrainian Fedor Alexandrovich
- Cudahy High School's Ian Fox a Kohl Excellence Scholar
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- 3rd Annual South Milwaukee Breakfast with the Easter Bunny & Easter Egg Hunt
- Cudahy Pick N Save Hosting Easter Egg Hunt/Pancake Breakfast
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE