The 2012 Cudahy Distinguished Young Women Program (formerly Cudahy Junior Miss) was held on Saturday, February 26th at Cudahy High School. The four Cudahy High School students who partcipated are Maggie Duris, Roxanne Thiede, Michelle Papala and Amanda Swan. Maggie Duris was awarded the Michelle Smukowski Talent For Life talent award for her outstanding violin performance, and was also named first alternate. The Spirit of Distinguished Young Women award went to Amanda Swan.
Michelle Papala, daughter of James and Bonnie Papala, was named Cudahy's Distinguished Young Woman. She performed a ballet en pointe for her talent presentation. In addition to participating in all forms of dance, she is also involved in color guard, varsity poms, baton, and orchestra. She will represent the city of Cudahy in the Wisconsin Distinguished Young Women Program this August.
If you are interested in booking Michelle for an appearance, please contact program director Dana Farber at Farbers5@earthlink.net.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- Milwaukee IndyFest Returns to The Milwaukee Mile July 11-12
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Scholarships for UW-Parkside Nonprofit Leadership Program
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House This Saturday
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive