The 2012 Cudahy Distinguished Young Women Program (formerly Cudahy Junior Miss) was held on Saturday, February 26th at Cudahy High School. The four Cudahy High School students who partcipated are Maggie Duris, Roxanne Thiede, Michelle Papala and Amanda Swan. Maggie Duris was awarded the Michelle Smukowski Talent For Life talent award for her outstanding violin performance, and was also named first alternate. The Spirit of Distinguished Young Women award went to Amanda Swan.
Michelle Papala, daughter of James and Bonnie Papala, was named Cudahy's Distinguished Young Woman. She performed a ballet en pointe for her talent presentation. In addition to participating in all forms of dance, she is also involved in color guard, varsity poms, baton, and orchestra. She will represent the city of Cudahy in the Wisconsin Distinguished Young Women Program this August.
If you are interested in booking Michelle for an appearance, please contact program director Dana Farber at Farbers5@earthlink.net.
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- Illinois-Based Alexander-King Farms Complaints Rack Up from Wisconsin Consumers over Undelivered Meat
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- Update on former South Shore YMCA facility
- City of Cudahy continued refinancing efforts
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs