Cudahy student Roberto Johnson has a featured role in the upcoming Parkside Theatre production of Stephen Sondheim’s musical “Company.” Staged at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside Communication Arts Theatre, 900 Wood Rd. in Kenosha, the play runs Feb. 18-26.
“Company” is the story of Bobby, a single man with commitment issues, the five married couples who are his best friends, and his three girlfriends who are waiting for him to settle down. Adapted by Sondheim from a collection of short stories, “Company” is a concept musical composed of several vignettes, linked together by the celebration of Bobby's 35th birthday.
Johnson plays Larry, one of Bobby’s married friends. He is the third husband of the cynical and acidic Joanne (played by Brittany Arndt) and he is his wife’s polar opposite because he is a caring and understanding man. Johnson previous Parkside Theatre roles include Diggory in “She Stoops to Conquer,” an artillery trainee in “Censored on Final Approach,” Tommy Djilas in Meredith Wilson's “The Music Man,” and Opal 4 in “The Story of Opal.”
“Company” is presented Feb. 18, 19, 24, 25, and 26 at 7:30 p.m. with matinee performances Sunday, Feb. 20, at 2 p.m., and Friday, Feb. 25, at 10 a.m. Tickets are $15 for adults, $11 for seniors, and $7 for students. To order tickets, visit www.uwp.edu keyword: Theatre or call 262-595-2564.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Day of School for St. Francis Public Schools
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House Saturday
- Kelly Senior Center invites you to join their monthly Luncheon Outings
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Angelic Bakehouse Needs Your Vote!