Cudahy student Roberto Johnson has a featured role in the upcoming Parkside Theatre production of Stephen Sondheim’s musical “Company.” Staged at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside Communication Arts Theatre, 900 Wood Rd. in Kenosha, the play runs Feb. 18-26.
“Company” is the story of Bobby, a single man with commitment issues, the five married couples who are his best friends, and his three girlfriends who are waiting for him to settle down. Adapted by Sondheim from a collection of short stories, “Company” is a concept musical composed of several vignettes, linked together by the celebration of Bobby's 35th birthday.
Johnson plays Larry, one of Bobby’s married friends. He is the third husband of the cynical and acidic Joanne (played by Brittany Arndt) and he is his wife’s polar opposite because he is a caring and understanding man. Johnson previous Parkside Theatre roles include Diggory in “She Stoops to Conquer,” an artillery trainee in “Censored on Final Approach,” Tommy Djilas in Meredith Wilson's “The Music Man,” and Opal 4 in “The Story of Opal.”
“Company” is presented Feb. 18, 19, 24, 25, and 26 at 7:30 p.m. with matinee performances Sunday, Feb. 20, at 2 p.m., and Friday, Feb. 25, at 10 a.m. Tickets are $15 for adults, $11 for seniors, and $7 for students. To order tickets, visit www.uwp.edu keyword: Theatre or call 262-595-2564.
- Bluegrass Fest Benefit to Pulaski Park-Cudahy
- South Shore Police Departments Partner for Traffic Enforcement
- Pancake Breakfast at the Kelly Center
- The South Shore Farmers Market is open for the season
- Shop St. Francis Week - June 27 to July 4th Offers discounts and offers!
- South Milwaukee Football Annual Golf Outing
- Former Southshore YMCA to become public community recreation center
- Added Yoga Classes at the Cudahy Family Library
- Cudahy Health Department Awarded Grant
- Thank you to generous Cudahy 4th of July sponsors