Cudahy, WI -- The Cudahy Police Department, along with sixteen (16) other Southeast Wisconsin Police Agencies, would like to report the success of the combined efforts to combat drunk driving on the roads in Southeast Wisconsin. Since January 1, 2010, the Southeast Wisconsin Drunk Driving Task Force has made the roads safer by arresting 591 drunk drivers.
Drunk driving is a serious crime that causes needless deaths that can be prevented. The Southeast Wisconsin Drunk Driving Task Force is a team of law enforcement agencies from Milwaukee and Waukesha Counties working together in a concentrated and coordinated enforcement effort to reduce impaired drivers.
As a part of this enforcement effort, the Cudahy Police Department is receiving $10,000.00 through a grant to pay for officer salaries who dedicate their time to the effort. High visibility enforcement is a proven way to deter drunk drivers, and the Cudahy Police Department is committed to removing impaired drivers from our roads.
The success of this program has been nationally recognized by the National Highway Traffic Institute (NHTSA), and has been selected by the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation (PIRE) to conduct a case-study project, Case Study of High Visibility Impaired Driving Enforcement Programs.
On November 24, 2010, the Southeast Wisconsin Drunk Driving Task Force will be looking aggressively for drunk drivers. Future dates of enforcement include December 11 and December 31. If you drive impaired we will STOP, TEST AND ARREST you.
Sergeant Michael Carchesi
Cudahy Police Department
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Scholarships for UW-Parkside Nonprofit Leadership Program
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House This Saturday
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities
- Cudahy Post Office Will Close July 4TH
- Enjoy Shop St. Francis Week, June 29th to July 5th
- Kirtan at Tippe
- Act, Love, Walk: Prayer Walk to End Human Trafficking