Cudahy, WI -- The Cudahy Police Department, along with sixteen (16) other Southeast Wisconsin Police Agencies, would like to report the success of the combined efforts to combat drunk driving on the roads in Southeast Wisconsin. Since January 1, 2010, the Southeast Wisconsin Drunk Driving Task Force has made the roads safer by arresting 591 drunk drivers.
Drunk driving is a serious crime that causes needless deaths that can be prevented. The Southeast Wisconsin Drunk Driving Task Force is a team of law enforcement agencies from Milwaukee and Waukesha Counties working together in a concentrated and coordinated enforcement effort to reduce impaired drivers.
As a part of this enforcement effort, the Cudahy Police Department is receiving $10,000.00 through a grant to pay for officer salaries who dedicate their time to the effort. High visibility enforcement is a proven way to deter drunk drivers, and the Cudahy Police Department is committed to removing impaired drivers from our roads.
The success of this program has been nationally recognized by the National Highway Traffic Institute (NHTSA), and has been selected by the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation (PIRE) to conduct a case-study project, Case Study of High Visibility Impaired Driving Enforcement Programs.
On November 24, 2010, the Southeast Wisconsin Drunk Driving Task Force will be looking aggressively for drunk drivers. Future dates of enforcement include December 11 and December 31. If you drive impaired we will STOP, TEST AND ARREST you.
Sergeant Michael Carchesi
Cudahy Police Department
- Gifts for All Women at Worship
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Barrett Lo Visionary Development Announces Valentine Coffee Co. as Newest Tenant at Emerald Row
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- Thank you for a successful Cudahy Arbor Day event in 2016!
- Come to the Cudahy Family Library in May to learn all about the Pabst Family
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Feast of the Sacred Heart Celebration