Cudahy, WI -- The Cudahy Police Department, along with sixteen (16) other Southeast Wisconsin Police Agencies, would like to report the success of the combined efforts to combat drunk driving on the roads in Southeast Wisconsin. Since January 1, 2010, the Southeast Wisconsin Drunk Driving Task Force has made the roads safer by arresting 591 drunk drivers.
Drunk driving is a serious crime that causes needless deaths that can be prevented. The Southeast Wisconsin Drunk Driving Task Force is a team of law enforcement agencies from Milwaukee and Waukesha Counties working together in a concentrated and coordinated enforcement effort to reduce impaired drivers.
As a part of this enforcement effort, the Cudahy Police Department is receiving $10,000.00 through a grant to pay for officer salaries who dedicate their time to the effort. High visibility enforcement is a proven way to deter drunk drivers, and the Cudahy Police Department is committed to removing impaired drivers from our roads.
The success of this program has been nationally recognized by the National Highway Traffic Institute (NHTSA), and has been selected by the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation (PIRE) to conduct a case-study project, Case Study of High Visibility Impaired Driving Enforcement Programs.
On November 24, 2010, the Southeast Wisconsin Drunk Driving Task Force will be looking aggressively for drunk drivers. Future dates of enforcement include December 11 and December 31. If you drive impaired we will STOP, TEST AND ARREST you.
Sergeant Michael Carchesi
Cudahy Police Department
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Movie and Game Day at St. Francis Library
- Kids Community Clothing Exchange
- Join the Cudahy Cogs Team for UPAF Remembering Carl Koch
- Cudahy Post Office Asks Residents to Help Stamp Out Hunger
- State Budget Information Session, Monday, April 20
- Two Complimentary Seminars: Facility and Extended Care, Medicare Basics at the Cudahy Family Library
- Taijiquan Exercise Classes at the Cudahy Family Libray
- South Shore Youth Rugby Club
- Oak Creek Library Baby Story Time
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Marvelous Monarch Butterflies