A vicious coyote has been roaming near the bike path between Dale and Ramsey since April of this year. The County Parks Operations Manager, Local Manager, County Supervisor, County Sheriff, DNR and Cudahy Police have all been informed of this problem. As of August, I have learned that 3 dogs had been viciously attacked as they walked with their owners. Each dog needed immediate medical attention. This sick coyote is known to charge at people walking along Lake Drive in this area in Warnimont and along the bike path. This coyote is active all day. This is unusual.
Over the summer, I had 2 frightening encounters during the day as I walked along Lake Drive with my dog on the grassy area. With no warning, the coyote shot out of the tall grass and charged us. We immediate ran out of the area and across the street by the homes. Neighbors along Lake Drive have made police calls in June about this animal.
Thursday, November 4th at 1:35 p.m. my 3 year old GSP, Luke, was pointing at a squirrel in a tree adjacent to the bike path. With no warning, this sick coyote charged at me and immediately went for my dog. My dog did nothing to provoke this coyote. The coyote sunk its large teeth into the rear hind leg drawing blood and leaving a large wound that needed immediate emergency care.
If you have encountered this sick coyote, Please contact the City of Cudahy Police and file a police report. I filed my report last night and was told by the officer people need to come forward. Please come forward so a removal action can be put in place. If you go in this area use extreme caution any time of the day. This is a serious public safety issue.
- Bluegrass Fest Benefit to Pulaski Park-Cudahy
- South Shore Police Departments Partner for Traffic Enforcement
- Pancake Breakfast at the Kelly Center
- The South Shore Farmers Market is open for the season
- Shop St. Francis Week - June 27 to July 4th Offers discounts and offers!
- South Milwaukee Football Annual Golf Outing
- Former Southshore YMCA to become public community recreation center
- Added Yoga Classes at the Cudahy Family Library
- Cudahy Health Department Awarded Grant
- Thank you to generous Cudahy 4th of July sponsors