A vicious coyote has been roaming near the bike path between Dale and Ramsey since April of this year. The County Parks Operations Manager, Local Manager, County Supervisor, County Sheriff, DNR and Cudahy Police have all been informed of this problem. As of August, I have learned that 3 dogs had been viciously attacked as they walked with their owners. Each dog needed immediate medical attention. This sick coyote is known to charge at people walking along Lake Drive in this area in Warnimont and along the bike path. This coyote is active all day. This is unusual.
Over the summer, I had 2 frightening encounters during the day as I walked along Lake Drive with my dog on the grassy area. With no warning, the coyote shot out of the tall grass and charged us. We immediate ran out of the area and across the street by the homes. Neighbors along Lake Drive have made police calls in June about this animal.
Thursday, November 4th at 1:35 p.m. my 3 year old GSP, Luke, was pointing at a squirrel in a tree adjacent to the bike path. With no warning, this sick coyote charged at me and immediately went for my dog. My dog did nothing to provoke this coyote. The coyote sunk its large teeth into the rear hind leg drawing blood and leaving a large wound that needed immediate emergency care.
If you have encountered this sick coyote, Please contact the City of Cudahy Police and file a police report. I filed my report last night and was told by the officer people need to come forward. Please come forward so a removal action can be put in place. If you go in this area use extreme caution any time of the day. This is a serious public safety issue.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Mayor St. Marie-Carls was voted down on her request for the City of St. Francis City Council to take action on tax disparity and Citizens concerns who have received up to 64% increase in their property taxes.
- Packard Plaza in Cudahy sold
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- The Gateway to Milwaukee Has Been Supporting Economic Progress in the Airport Area for Past 10 Years
- Registration is Open for Walk MS: Milwaukee
- CHS Class Ring received 72 years After Graduation!
- "HeART & Sole" Sister's EXPO