It's hard to determine when to step in – when they need your help. And then there's the question of what to do and who to go to for what? The burden these and other questions put on family members can be overwhelming as our parent often becomes harder to deal with and we want to care for them with love and caring. Here are a few things you will take away from this free workshop:
- Knowledge of the phases of dementia elderly people often experience
- Knowing when they need further help and support
- Determining the best living arrangements
- Dealing with guilt
- Taking care of your parent's/spouse's needs in a loving way, while taking care of yourself?
Register for this free workshop to be held October 26, 2010, 6:30-8:30 PM at the St. Ann's Center for Intergenerational Care in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Seating is limited so registration is required.
The Center for Life Transitions, Inc. is a non-profit organization that helps individuals plan for elder care and career transitions. We assist people struggling at a "crossroad" in their personal, professional and spiritual lives through counseling and workshops, in Wisconsin and New Jersey. Call (908) 203-0088 or visit
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Carlos Meyers will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- WindSync "Simple Gifts: A Holiday Sampler"
- Annual Cudahy High School Alumni Basketball Tournament
- Ye Olde Christmas Feaste
- Local Author's Novel, Schrodinger's Dachshund, Set in Cudahy
- BBB Offers Tips to Black Friday Shoppers
- Prasser-Kleczka is donating to Hunger Task Force but we need YOUR help!
- Mr. Stephen Parr in Dicken's Doctor Marigold's Prescription at the Cudahy Family Library
- Twenty-Nine Years of Holiday Lights Provide Hope on Candy Cane Lane
- St. Mark's "Night of the Father's Love"