Seasonal flu vaccination clinics administered by the Aurora Visiting Nurse Association will begin October 13 in Cudahy.
The clinics will take place at community locations throughout the area. Cost for a seasonal flu vaccination is $30 when paying by cash or check, and pneumonia shots are $55. Medicare Part B and Medicaid are accepted as payment.
For more information about the seasonal flu and where you can find an Aurora Visiting Nurse Association Shoo the Flu clinic, log on to www.Aurora.org/flu.
Shoo the Flu! clinics scheduled for Cudahy include:
Wednesday, October 13
•10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Kelly Senior Center, 6100 S. Lake Drive, Cudahy
Saturday, October 16
•10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Aurora St. Luke’s South Shore, 5900 S. Lake Drive, Cudahy
The Aurora Visiting Nurse Association recommends following common-sense rules of hygiene and health care to avoid getting the flu:
-Get a flu shot every year.
-Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Discard the tissue immediately.
-Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer often, especially after coughing or sneezing.
-Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
-Avoid contact with sick people.
-Get plenty of sleep.
-Eat a well-balanced diet.
-Drink plenty of fluids.
-Participate in physical activity and avoid stress as much as possible.
The Aurora VNA is a not-for-profit agency that has been committed to keeping people independent in their homes since 1907 and is the most comprehensive source of home care services in eastern Wisconsin. The VNA is part of Aurora Health Care, a not-for-profit health care provider and a national leader in efforts to improve the quality of health care. Aurora offers services at sites in more than 90 communities throughout eastern Wisconsin.
About Aurora Health Care
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit Wisconsin health care provider and a national leader in efforts to improve health care quality. Aurora offers services at sites in more than 90 communities throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois.
- Join the Fight Against Cancer! Register for the Relay For Life of the Southern Eight!
- Governor Walker Invests in Cudahy for Fab Lab Equipment
- Author Visit with Elizabeth Kokalis - May 14th
- Gifts for All Women at Worship
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Barrett Lo Visionary Development Announces Valentine Coffee Co. as Newest Tenant at Emerald Row
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- Thank you for a successful Cudahy Arbor Day event in 2016!