Seasonal flu vaccination clinics administered by the Aurora Visiting Nurse Association will begin October 13 in Cudahy.
The clinics will take place at community locations throughout the area. Cost for a seasonal flu vaccination is $30 when paying by cash or check, and pneumonia shots are $55. Medicare Part B and Medicaid are accepted as payment.
For more information about the seasonal flu and where you can find an Aurora Visiting Nurse Association Shoo the Flu clinic, log on to www.Aurora.org/flu.
Shoo the Flu! clinics scheduled for Cudahy include:
Wednesday, October 13
•10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Kelly Senior Center, 6100 S. Lake Drive, Cudahy
Saturday, October 16
•10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Aurora St. Luke’s South Shore, 5900 S. Lake Drive, Cudahy
The Aurora Visiting Nurse Association recommends following common-sense rules of hygiene and health care to avoid getting the flu:
-Get a flu shot every year.
-Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Discard the tissue immediately.
-Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer often, especially after coughing or sneezing.
-Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
-Avoid contact with sick people.
-Get plenty of sleep.
-Eat a well-balanced diet.
-Drink plenty of fluids.
-Participate in physical activity and avoid stress as much as possible.
The Aurora VNA is a not-for-profit agency that has been committed to keeping people independent in their homes since 1907 and is the most comprehensive source of home care services in eastern Wisconsin. The VNA is part of Aurora Health Care, a not-for-profit health care provider and a national leader in efforts to improve the quality of health care. Aurora offers services at sites in more than 90 communities throughout eastern Wisconsin.
About Aurora Health Care
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit Wisconsin health care provider and a national leader in efforts to improve health care quality. Aurora offers services at sites in more than 90 communities throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB Free Fall Shred Event helped Record Number of Wisconsinites Fight Identity Theft
- Great Lakes Lighthouses Speaker at Next Cudahy Historical Society Meeting
- Best Presents Aren't Things presented by Kathi Miller
- St. Ann Center Indoor Market starts Saturday!
- South Milwaukee Lions Step up to Help Community Organizations
- Patrick Cudahy Expansion approved by Governing Bodies
- Vendor Fair at Cudahy Family Library
- Ribbon Cutting at Aurora St. Lukes South Shore
- Kelly Senior Center Day Trip to Gurnee Mills Mall
- In Tandem Theatre Comes A "Cudahy” Caroling One Last Time