Mark your calendar for November 5th and 6th and plan to attend “The Living Earth”, Environmental Studies School, Course IV, Series IV. Offered by the Wisconsin Garden Club Federation, Milwaukee District, from 8 A.M. to 4 P.M. daily at Havenwoods Environmental Awareness Center, 6141 N. Hopkins Street, Milwaukee, WI 53209, we invite you to learn about “Water.”
Sharon Morrisey, Horticulture Agent with Milwaukee County, is returning to discuss Organic Gardening and Michael Pauers with the Milwaukee Public Museum will instruct us on Aquatic Animals. Dr. Dale Olen will discuss Ecology and Effective Citizenship as it relates to our Earth. Paul Zamiatowski, a Certified Master Naturalist will guide us on our Field Trip at the Wehr Nature Center and speak to the topics of Wetlands and Aquatic Plants. Brenton Burger, from the “big island” down under and a guest lecturer at Marquette University, will share his knowledge on Sustainability. Judy Klippel, Superintendent at Havenwoods, will talk about Youth Programs in Environmental Education and Judy Newman, NGC ESS Chairman, will wrap-up the two days of activities on Saturday.
This school is open to the public and all NGC Garden Club Members. Required reading for Course IV is The National Gardener (1 year with 4 issues per year) and textbook Living in the Environment (7th edition or later) – G. Tyler Miller, Jr., available from NGC, Inc., the Internet and bookstores.
Course fee is $35.00 per day and lunch is available for an additional $8.00 per day. See WGCF website http://www.wisconsingardenclub.org/page/home.jsp to down load registration form or contact local chair, Carole Hopp (email@example.com) or call 414-771-7979 for more information. WGCF Website has further information on the vocabulary list, chapters of required reading, daily schedule, map and directions to Havenwoods and Instructor curriculum vitae. Area hotel information is also available upon request.
See you at Environmental School in November!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Cudahy FD Goes Above and Beyond
- Farmers Market Coming to Cudahy in 2015
- HamBINGO Thursday February 26 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Big Hopes for Mini Donuts Kickstarter Campaign
- UW-Parkside Continuing Education announces new Fund Development Certificate Program
- Wixon Adds Bryan Mazur, Key Account Manager – Consumer Products
- Technology Overtaking the Youth
- Candy Creations for Teens @ the Oak Creek Library (3/19/15)