· Police are investigating a break-in to a home in the 2900 block of East College Avenue between 6:40 and 9 a.m. March 5. Entry was gained through an unlocked window, but nothing was missing.
· A 26-year-old Racine woman reported her wedding and engagement rings were taken from an unlocked locker at the YMCA, 3244 E. College Ave., at about 10:15 a.m. March 8. The wedding ring was valued at $4,674, and the engagement ring was valued at $1,149.
· A 16-year-old male student at Cudahy High School, 4950 S. Lake Drive, was cited for theft after taking a video game and a large bag of Cheetos from another student's unlocked locker about 11:35 a.m. March 10.
· A 19-year-old South Milwaukee man was charged with theft after taking two packs of cigarettes from Speedway, 4944 S. Packard Ave., at 1:14 a.m. March 11. The man was a Speedway employee at the time.
· A 46-year-old Cudahy resident was arrested for assault after allegedly slamming his 65-year-old girlfriend against a wall and grabbing her throat at 10 a.m. March 11.
· Two Milwaukee brothers, ages 27 and 30, were cited for possession of drug paraphernalia at 4:30 p.m. March 4 at Walgreens, 3201 E. Layton Ave. According to police reports, the two were apprehended attempting to make fraudulent use of a credit card. When searched, the 27-year-old had a marijuana pipe, while the 30-year-old had a crack pipe.
· A 44-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for operating while intoxicated at 2:31 a.m. March 1 after his car was found stuck in a snowbank on the bicycle path in Sheridan Park near the intersection of East Ramsey Avenue and South Lake Drive. His blood alcohol content was 0.10.
· A 28-year-old Milwaukee woman was cited for operating while intoxicated after being stopped in the 5900 block of South Packard Avenue at 4:17 a.m. March 9. Her BAC was 0.11.
· A 61-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for operating while intoxicated after being stopped in the 3500 block of East Layton Avenue at 5:31 p.m. March 10. His BAC was 0.11.
· A 64-year-old resident of a building at 3300 E. Ramsey Ave. was cited for disorderly conduct at 9 p.m. March 8 after loudly pounding on several doors in the building. His BAC was 0.26.
· A 16-year-old Milwaukee student attending Cudahy High School, 4950 S. Lake Drive, was cited for disorderly conduct at 1:15 p.m. March 10 after an incident during lunch hour. According to police reports, the male student was confronted by a female student and began using loud, abusive language toward her. The male student, who has been suspended for similar previous incidents, said he "will not be disrespected, and that's why he 'snapped on her,'" according to police reports.
· A 19-year-old Milwaukee man was charged with fleeing an officer and driving a vehicle without owner's consent after a car chase ended with a crash at the Layton Avenue entrance to the Lake Parkway. The man was one of two passengers in a car stolen on the south side of Milwaukee. He was captured in nearby St. Francis at 2:48 a.m. March 12, after all three people in the car had fled on foot.
· A 70-year-old St. Francis man was cited for retail theft at 9:17 a.m. March 14 after taking a package of cough drops, valued at $1.78, from Pick 'n Save, 4698 S. Whitnall Ave.
· A 24-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for possession of marijuana and operating without insurance at 12:59 a.m. March 10, after he was found passed out in a car parked at the corner of South Kinnickinnic and East Howard avenues. The man said he believed he had a seizure.
· A 43-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for operating while intoxicated at 9:38 p.m. March 2 after he struck two parked vehicles in the 3600 block of South Kansas Avenue, and was restrained by neighbors until police arrived. His BAC was 0.21.
· An unidentified male stole a DVD of "Catching Fire," valued at $24.96, from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., at 3:57 p.m. March 7.
· An unidentified male stole a bottle of rum, valued at $14, from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., at 3:50 p.m. March 11.
· A 31-year-old South Milwaukee man and a 27-year-old West Allis woman face charges of fraudulent use of a credit card after the man allegedly stole his 66-year-old mother's card and used it to purchase $868 worth of jewelry from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., at 9:09 p.m. March 11. Police found two rings and four necklaces were pawned that night in St. Francis. The older woman said her son is a heroin addict who has stolen from her in the past. The card had been taken from a safe in her home overnight March 10 or 11. Both the son and the West Allis woman said they used the money from the pawned jewelry to buy heroin.
· A 48-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for drunken driving and hit and run at 3:30 a.m. March 8 after a call regarding a parked pickup truck that was struck in the 1400 block of Rawson Avenue. The driver, tracked down in the 600 block of Drexel Boulevard, had a blood alcohol content of 0.16.
· A 50-year-old Oak Creek man was cited for drunken driving at 6:59 p.m. March 8 after being stopped in the 2400 block of South Chicago Avenue. The man denied drinking, but said he had taken oxycodone. He has previous convictions for operating while intoxicated in Wisconsin, Arizona and Illinois. His BAC was 0.19.
· A 34-year-old Cudahy man was cited for drunken driving at 1:10 a.m. March 12 after being stopped at the corner of Nicholson and College avenues. His BAC was 0.23.
· Police are investigating a hit and run case where a car struck a mailbox in the 500 block of Drexel Boulevard overnight March 6 or 7.
· Two male eighth graders at South Milwaukee Middle School, 1001 15th Ave., were cited for disorderly conduct at 3:30 p.m. March 6 after a fight outside the school.
· An 18-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for disorderly conduct at 4:34 p.m. March 6 after a quarrel with his 18-year-old girlfriend at her home in the 1300 block of Michigan Avenue.
· Police were dispatched to the 500 block of Southtowne Place about 7 p.m. March 12 to investigate a report of a man with a gun. During the search, an 18-year-old South Milwaukee man with a warrant for operating after suspension was found in the 1300 block of North Chicago Avenue and transported to the House of Correction.
· Police responded to four domestic violence incidents between March 7 and 13.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: April 2, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 26, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 12, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 29, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 22, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 15, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 1, 2015
- South Shore police report: Dec. 25, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 11, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 4, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 20, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 13, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 6, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 30, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 23, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 16, 2014