· A wallet containing a driver's license, several credit cards, several membership cards and about $1,500 cash was stolen from a car parked at Blast Total Fitness, 2525 E. Layton Ave., between 8 and 10 a.m. May 22. No signs of forced entry were visible on the car.
· A street sign for Vermont Street was stolen at Somers Avenue around 4 p.m. May 23. The sign will cost about $100 to replace.
· A catalytic converter was stolen from a car that was on display at Southside Automart, 5090 S. Pennsylvania Ave., sometime between 7 p.m. May 23 and 8 a.m. May 24.
· The rear license plate of a vehicle was stolen while it was parked in the 3600 block of East Munkwitz Avenue, sometime between 8 p.m. May 27 and 9 a.m. May 28.
· Four Cudahy Police squads responded to a fight outside of Wayne's On Packard, 4854 S. Packard Ave., around 11 p.m. May 26, where they arrested a 40-year-old Green Bay man and a 20-year-old Cudahy man, father and son, after they beat another man on the sidewalk. The two men and the victim, a 50-year-old Cudahy man, were thrown out of the bar after a loud dispute about the 50-year-old being out with the 40-year-old's girlfriend. The younger man then punched the victim in the face, knocking him to the ground, and continued to punch him while the other man kicked him in the head. While trying to flee, another man came out of the bar with a wooden chair to stop them, was punched by the 40-year-old man and struck back with the chair. Bystanders followed the two men until they were caught by police. The victim was taken to St. Luke's South Shore Hospital, 5900 S. Lake Drive, where he received seven stitches for a head wound.
· A 34-year-old West Allis man was arrested for drug possession during a traffic stop over suspended license plates in the 3500 block of East College Avenue, around 6:30 p.m. May 23. The man tested positive for THC in a field test and had a bag with four grams of marijuana in his car.
· A 31-year-old Oak Creek man was arrested for drunken driving, second offense, in the 5600 block of South Lake Drive, after police spotted him driving at night with neither headlights nor taillights turned on, around 2 a.m. May 19. The man was not able to maintain his balance long enough to complete field sobriety tests. He had a blood alcohol content of 0.25.
· A 41-year-old Cudahy woman was arrested for drunken driving, second offense, at Speedway, 4944 S. Packard Ave., after a caller and other witnesses in the gas station identified the woman as possibly being drunk, around 12:30 a.m. May 28. After twice being unable to perform a breath test, the woman was taken to St. Luke's South Shore Hospital, 5900 S. Lake Drive, for a blood draw, the results of which are still pending.
· A 32-year-old West Allis man was arrested for drunken driving in the 4700 block of South Sheridan Drive, after police spotted him pulling into and loitering in Sheridan Park after hours, around 12:30 a.m. May 30. The man had a BAC of 0.16. Another man driving behind him was also checked, but performed well on the field sobriety tests and had a BAC within the legal limit.
· Blue spray-painted graffiti was found on a vacant building in the 3500 block of East Plankinton Avenue around 2 p.m. May 24, and will cost about $50 to remove.
· A pick-up truck's driver's side window was smashed and the driver's side cab window damaged while it was parked in the 3900 block of East Edgerton Avenue, sometime between 8 p.m. May 24 and 4 a.m. May 25.
· A 3-foot by 5-foot pane window was broken on the front of a vacant residence in the 2900 block of East Dale Avenue, sometime between 8 p.m. May 24 and 10 a.m. May 25. The window will cost $100 to replace. A green aluminum baseball bat was found in the lawn, and police believe that this was used in a number of broken window cases that occurred in Cudahy and St. Francis that evening.
· Two residential garages in the 3500 block of East Cudahy Avenue were damaged with permanent maker sometime between 4 p.m. May 29 and 4:30 p.m. May 30. In both cases, the word "Slik" was written on the garage door and will cost $100 to remove.
· An 18-year-old man was arrested for disorderly conduct after he was spotted urinating in the lawn of his residence in the 2600 block of East Ramsey Avenue in full view of the street by a passing driver, around 9 a.m. May 20.
· A 41-year-old West Allis woman was cited for disorderly conduct after she threw a condiment-covered hot dog at an attendant of Speedway, 4944 S. Packard Ave., because her credit card had been declined, just before midnight May 20.
· A 28-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for disorderly conduct at St. Luke's South Shore Hospital, 5900 S. Lake Drive, where she was a patient, after she vulgarly threatened a staff member who told her she could not eat lunch in her room, around noon May 23. The woman was transported to the Milwaukee County Mental Health Complex.
· A plastic-wrapped brick of marijuana was delivered to Wetzel Brothers Printing, 2401 E. Edgerton Ave., in a package by the US Postal Service from 3:30 p.m. May 23. The package was sent from Oakland, Calif. Staff members do not know why the package was shipped to their address.
· A $350 bracelet containing 60 diamonds was reported stolen from a resident of Sacred Heart Senior Apartments, 3627 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., sometime between 4:30 and 7 p.m. May 10.
· A car and numerous items valued at $455 were stolen from an apartment in the 1200 block East Norwich Avenue sometime between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. May 15. The residents believe the thief was a friend who had been staying with them.
· A $150 cellphone was stolen next to the basketball courts of Willow Glen School, 2600 E Bolivar Ave., sometime between 4 and 5 p.m. May 29. The phone was stolen after the owner forgot it after playing basketball, went back for it and found that it was missing.
· The driver's side window of a car was found to have been struck twice with a blunt object causing $200 in damage around 3:45 a.m. Mat 25, while the car was parked in the 3700 block of East Lunham Avenue. The window had not been completely broken enough for the perpetrator to enter the car.
· Two cars were found with a shattered window around 7 a.m. May 25, while they were parked in the 3400 block of East Van Beck Avenue. The windows will each cost $250 to replace, but no items were reported missing from either car.
· A 49-year-old Menomonee Falls man was arrested for identity theft around 9 p.m. May 12, in connection to him using his former St. Franicis boss's credit to make fraudulent purchases, including a $395 purchase from a hardware store. The man was also found with marijuana in his jacket. The man is currently homeless and unemployed.
· A 55-year-old St Francis man was arrested for disorderly conduct at the Sacred Heart Senior Apartments, 3627 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., after he threateningly and vulgarly rebuffed a property manager who had told him he could not be in the common area at that time, around 5 p.m. May 17.
· A 65-year-old St. Francis woman reported that she was shot in the arm with a BB while she was walking in her residence in the 3100 block of East Norwich Avenue, around 5 p.m. May 19. She did not report the incident until May 24. A hole about the size of a quarter was found in her screen and she had a bruise on her arm.
· A semitrailer truck downed numerous wires and broke an electrical pole in three places after the top of the truck hit the wires in the 4400 block of South Kansas Avenue, around 9:30 a.m. May 23. The St. Francis Fire Department and We Energies technicians arrived to undrape the live wires off of the vehicle, but no injuries were reported.
· The St. Francis Police Department responded to one incident of domestic violence.
· The contents of a Dumpster in the 4400 block of South Whitnall Avenue started on fire around 10 a.m. May 27. The St. Francis Fire Department quickly extinguished the fire with neither injuries nor other property damage. The cause of the fire has not been determined.
· A South Milwaukee man was punched and robbed while walking on the sidewalk in the 1700 block of 14th Avenue around 6 p.m. May 26. The victim was confronted by an acquaintance who drove up in a van. The confrontation almost escalated into a physical altercation, and then the two men stopped, shook hands and parted. Then, the aggressor came back and punched the victim, knocking him to ground, at which point, he rifled through the victim's pockets and stole prescription drugs, a driver's license, a cellphone and $300 in cash. The aggressor has not yet been apprehended.
· A $95 bike was stolen from the yard of a residence in the 1200 block of Michigan Avenue, sometime on May 25.
· A 37-year-old Franklin man was arrested for shoplifting after he was caught opening packages he had not yet purchased and switching tags of items in Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., around 2 p.m. May 25.
· A man reached over the counter of Speedway, 3201 S. Chicago Ave., and stole $120 from the cash register, around 11 p.m. May 25.
· A man attempted to steal $24 of steak from Pick 'n Save, 2931 S. Chicago Ave., but threw them on the ground and fled when he was spotted, around 6:30 p.m. May 26.
· A man left Bottoms Up Tavern, 500 Madison Ave, around 2 a.m. May 30, without paying for a $40 bar tab. The man also was reportedly offering other patrons of the bar drugs and followed one of waitresses home that morning. The man has not been located since the incident.
· A 24-year-old South Milwaukee woman was arrested for drunken driving at Speedway, 3102 S. Chicago Ave., where she had stopped for gas and was reported by a caller as possibly drunk, around 3 a.m. May 25. The woman had a BAC of 0.17.
· A 61-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, fifth offense, in the driveway of his own residence in the 600 block of Williams Avenue, around 1 a.m. May 30. The man was spotted driving in the parking lane on Fifth Avenue and not stopping at a stop sign. The man pulled into his driveway as police flagged him down to stop, and he attempted to enter his house before police caught up to him. The man did not take a breath test, but had his blood drawn, the results of which are pending.
· A 30-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, second offense, at Chicago and Badger avenues, around 2:30 a.m. May 31. While the arresting officers were finishing a different traffic stop, they heard squealing tires and saw the man's car slide through the intersection. The man had a BAC of 0.11.
· A glass bottle or vase was thrown at the window of a car parked in the 300 block of Southtowne Drive, sometime between midnight and 7 a.m. May 25. No serious damage was reported.
· A landscaping stone was thrown through the driver's side window and rear window of a car parked in the 1400 block of Park Avenue, sometime between 2 and 5 a.m. May 25, causing $500 in damages.
· An abandoned truck was parked partially in a driveway and an alley in the 1200 block of Milwaukee Avenue, having partially damaged a fence, around 7:30 a.m. May 26. The truck was found to have been stolen from Jack Norman Catering, 6201 S. Packard Ave. in Cudahy.
· The door of a residence in the 3600 block of Ninth Avenue was broken, causing about $250 in damages, around 6 p.m. May 27. The resident suspected that the damage was caused by acquaintances who had recently threatened her.
· An 18-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for underage possession of alcohol at a residence in the 200 block of Southtowne Drive, around 3:30 a.m. May 27.
· Two 15-year-old South Milwaukee girls were cited for disorderly conduct after they loudly and profanely argued with one another in the middle of class at South Milwaukee High School, 801 15th Ave., around 1 p.m. May 30.
· The South Milwaukee Police Department responded to seven domestic violence incidents.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: March 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 26, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 12, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 29, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 22, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 15, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 1, 2015
- South Shore police report: Dec. 25, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 11, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 4, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 20, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 13, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 6, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 30, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 23, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 16, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 9, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 2, 2014