· Two toolboxes, a stereo unit and a floor jack were taken from a garage in the 3700 block of East Squire Avenue overnight Dec. 27 or 28. A window on a truck was smashed. Entry was gained by prying the entry door frame.
· A backpack containing prescription medicine was taken from an apartment in the 3500 block of East Plankinton Avenue at about 1:20 p.m. Jan. 7.
· A pair of headphones, valued at $70, and a vehicle manual were taken from a car in a garage in the 3600 block of East Morris Avenue overnight Jan. 9 or 10.
· An unidentified male took $10 of merchandise from Speedway, 4944 S. Packard Ave., at 5:56 a.m. Jan. 4 after giving a clerk a counterfeit $10 bill. The male left with the merchandise after he was told that police had been contacted. Three counterfeit $20 bills were taken at Speedway in days before and after Jan. 4.
· A Milwaukee man had $240 cash taken from his wallet in a locker at the YMCA, 3244 E. College Ave., between 11:50 a.m. and 1 p.m. Jan. 11.
· A stereo valued at $150 was taken from a car in the 5700 block of South Rosewood Avenue overnight Jan. 12 or 13.
· A 26-year-old Kenosha man was cited for operating while intoxicated after being stopped in the 2400 block of East Layton Avenue at 2:33 a.m. Jan. 12. He registered a blood alcohol content of 0.11.
· A 31-year-old resident of the 3700 block of South Iowa Avenue told police Jan. 11 her car was missing. She said she had mentioned on Facebook she was interested in selling the car, valued at $2,000, and gave it to a man in his late 20s Dec. 17 to test it. She said she had difficulty reaching the man, and told him she would report the car as stolen if she was not paid.
· Cash of $190 was taken from an unlocked SUV in the 1900 block of East Van Beck Avenue overnight Jan. 13 or 14.
· A picture window on a home in the 2900 block of East Armour Avenue was reported damaged Jan. 13, with a hole from a projectile fired by a gun. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
· A 16-year-old Milwaukee male and a 17-year-old St. Francis male were cited for disorderly conduct and battery after a fight the morning of Jan. 13 in a classroom at St. Francis High School, 4225 S. Lake Drive.
· Police are investigating theft of $101 of merchandise from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., at 11:35 p.m. Jan. 5. The two unidentified thieves took three steaks, snack foods, a DVD and a plastic tote.
· A $700 electric guitar and a $300 game system were taken from an apartment in the 300 block of Southtowne Drive sometime before 3:30 p.m. Jan. 9. The victim told police he allowed a friend who had been evicted to stay the night, and the items were missing when he returned from work. The friend denies taking the items.
· A 42-year-old South Milwaukee woman was cited for retail theft after taking $122 of electronics and clothing items from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., at 7:01 p.m. Jan. 10.
· Four packs of cigarettes, with a combined value of $29, were taken from Speedway, 3102 S. Chicago Ave., by an unidentified male at about 11 p.m. Jan. 13.
· A 17-year-old South Milwaukee boy was arrested for disorderly conduct at 12:06 a.m. Jan. 11 after an altercation with a 38-year-old St. Francis woman at his home in the 1300 block of Rawson Avenue. According to police reports, the St. Francis woman is grandmother of an infant girl fathered by the 17-year-old. He allegedly pushed and hit the woman as a verbal argument escalated.
· A 39-year-old South Milwaukee man was charged with disorderly conduct domestic violence after two confrontations with his former girlfriend, a 35-year-old South Milwaukee woman. According to police reports, the man allegedly pulled her hair at about 11:30 p.m. Jan. 12, then returned the afternoon of Jan. 13, exposed himself and spat in her face.
· A 34-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for operating while intoxicated after his car was stuck in snow on the lawn of South Milwaukee Middle School, 1001 15th Ave., at 1:56 a.m. Jan. 10. The man told police he had consumed half a pint of vodka. According to police reports, he had an OWI conviction in New Mexico in 2009.
· A 31-year-old South Milwaukee man was charged with operating while intoxicated at 1:18 a.m. Jan. 11 after an anonymous caller reported a pickup truck had crashed into a snowbank at Ninth and Minnesota avenues. The driver was stopped in the 900 block of Milwaukee Avenue. He registered a BAC of 0.24.
· A 33-year-old South Milwaukee man was charged with operating while intoxicated and operating while suspended after his car went off Oak Creek Parkway just south of South Chicago Avenue at about 1 a.m. Jan. 12. He registered a BAC of 0.15.
· A 39-year-old Oak Creek man was cited for following too closely after he struck a 31-year-old Milwaukee man in the 1200 block of Drexel Boulevard at 6:10 p.m. Jan. 9. According to police reports, the Milwaukee driver was making a left turn from South Chicago Avenue onto Drexel, and stated the Oak Creek driver "had been traveling at a high rate of speed behind him to make the yellow light." The Milwaukee driver pulled to the right to let the Oak Creek driver pass, when he "passed him on the left, then turned his car in front of him, striking his vehicle." The Oak Creek man "then exited his vehicle, came up to his door, and began to yell and swear at him."
· A 28-year-old South Milwaukee woman was charged with operating after suspension and operating without insurance after a collision with a 37-year-old South Milwaukee woman at 7:23 p.m. Jan. 10 on Mill Road south of Hawthorne Avenue in "extremely icy" conditions. According to police, the 28-year-old struck the 37-year-old's vehicle in the rear. The 37-year-old's car left the road, but it was unclear whether the car slid off the road unaided or was pushed by the first car.
· A resident of the 400 block of Southtowne Drive reported at 3:18 p.m. Jan. 12 that his car had been scratched.
· Police responded to four domestic violence incidents between Jan. 10 and 16.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police report: March 3
- Police report: Feb. 24
- Police report: Feb. 17
- Police report: Feb. 10
- Police report: Feb. 3
- Police report: Jan. 27
- Police report: Jan. 13
- Police report: Jan. 6
- Police report: Dec. 27
- Police Report: Dec. 20
- Police report: Dec. 15
- Police Report: Dec. 8
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Police Report: Nov. 25
- Police report: Nov. 18
- Police Report: Nov. 11
- Police Report: Nov. 4
- Police Report: Oct. 28
- Police Report: Oct. 21
- Police report: Oct. 14