· An elliptical machine, valued at $178, was taken from an unlocked car parked behind a house in the 3700 block of East Pulaski Avenue between Jan. 23 and 25.
· A 28-year-old Cudahy man was cited for retail theft after taking a bottle of cough syrup, valued at $12, from Walgreens, 3201 E. Layton Ave., at 4:09 p.m. Jan. 27.
· A 26-year-old Cudahy woman was cited for operating while intoxicated after being involved in a crash at 2:41 a.m. Jan. 12 in the 5100 block of South Packard Avenue. The woman, who was also cited for possession of drug paraphernalia, had a blood alcohol content of 0.25.
· A 33-year-old Shorewood man was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop at 2:04 a.m. Jan. 25 in the 2400 block of East Layton Avenue. The man was also cited for operating while intoxicated, his BAC was 0.12.
· Owners of cars parked at four locations reported window damage to their vehicles which occurred overnight Jan. 25 or 26. All windows appeared to have been shot by a BB or pellet gun. The vehicles were parked in the 3800 block of East Underwood Avenue, the 3700 block of East Somers Avenue, the 5200 bock of South Hately Avenue, and the 3600 block of East Morris Avenue.
· A 24-year-old male resident of the 3900 block of East Martin Avenue was charged with criminal damage to property and disorderly conduct after an incident just past midnight Jan. 29. According to police reports, the man had been arguing with his 21-year-old girlfriend when he threw a cup of coffee at her and punched her television set. Damage to the set was estimated at $700.
· At about 8:05 p.m. Jan. 17 an unknown driver struck a gas meter outside the Fly By Saloon, 4607 S. Whitnall Ave. Damage to the meter was estimated at $1,000.
· Approximately $800 of tools were taken from a pickup truck in a parking lot in the 200 block of Southtowne Place between 4:30 and 9 p.m. Jan. 23. Entry was gained by smashing a truck cap window.
· A salt spreader valued at $1,300 was taken from a truck parked behind a home in the 800 block of Minnesota Avenue between 2 a.m. and noon Jan. 24.
· An unidentified man took a cup of coffee and several candy bars from Speedway, 3102 S. Chicago Ave., at 9:24 a.m. Jan. 25. According to police reports, the thief boarded a Milwaukee County Transit System bus, but had left the bus before police could alert the driver.
· A 36-year-old Oak Creek man was cited for retail theft at 7 p.m. Jan. 26 after taking $131 of fishing items from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave.
· A 19-year-old Cudahy woman was cited for retail theft after taking a purse, tank top and makeup from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., at 2:52 p.m. Jan. 27. Combined value of the stolen merchandise is $41.
· A Greenfield man reported the tailgate was stolen off his pickup truck Jan. 28 while he was parked in the 500 block of Milwaukee Avenue.
· A 33-year-old South Milwaukee woman was cited for retail theft at 1:11 p.m. Jan. 30 after taking two DVDs with a combined value of $42 from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave. The woman was accompanied by a 24-year-old South Milwaukee woman who admitted taking and eating an apple inside the store. Both women were told not to return to Walmart.
· A 25-year-old resident of the 2700 block of Fifth Avenue was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence after an altercation just after 2 a.m. Jan. 26. According to police reports, the woman and her 36-year-old boyfriend had been arguing over rent money when the woman flipped over a table and pushed him.
· A 53-year-old South Milwaukee woman was cited for disorderly conduct after an incident at 9 a.m. Jan. 26 in the 1600 block of Hickory Street. According to police reports, the woman came to the Hickory Street address to confront her 26-year-old son and his girlfriend. According to the woman's husband "there was some tension about hockey tickets and who was going to use them." The son accused his mother of pushing his girlfriend. The mother denied doing that, but "stated she did push her son to show him how she would push someone."
· A 20-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for operating while intoxicated after being apprehended at 1:12 a.m. Jan. 30 at Pizza Hut, 124 N. Chicago Ave. According to police reports, the man and a 20-year-old South Milwaukee woman went to a party in Cudahy in her car. She called police and reported the car as stolen when he left the party without her. The man's BAC was 0.11. The woman told police she did not want to pursue charges for taking her car.
· A 27-year-old Cudahy man was cited for failure to yield after a collision at 8:19 a.m. Jan. 24 with a 50-year-old Milwaukee man at Eighth and Columbia avenues. According to police reports, the Cudahy man was driving northbound on Eighth and collided with the Milwaukee man, who was westbound on Columbia.
· A 35-year-old Cudahy woman was cited for failure to yield after a collision with a 33-year-old South Milwaukee man at 12:07 p.m. Jan. 28 at 13th and Manistique avenues. According to police reports, the woman was driving eastbound on Manistique and observed a stop sign, but did not see the South Milwaukee man driving southbound on 13th.
· Windows were broken on a minivan parked in the 600 block of Oak Street between 4 p.m. Jan. 25 and 10 a.m. Jan. 26.
· A 23-year-old South Milwaukee woman reported Jan. 29 that she received two fraudulent checks in the mail, for $2,650 and $2,420. The checks were not cashed.
· Police are investigating a possible case of identity theft that victimized two residents of the 900 block of Monroe Avenue. A man told police Jan. 29 that his wife had ordered medicine from an Internet pharmacy site and gave their debit card and Social Security numbers. They discovered a $167 charge from Amazon they felt was fraudulent. Police reported contacting the Internet pharmacy and said they were given a nonexistent street address, and could find no web site by the name of the business the South Milwaukee resident contacted.
· South Milwaukee police responded to five domestic violence incidents between Jan. 24 and 30.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: May 14, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 7, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 30, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 23, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 16, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 9, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 2, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 26, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 12, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 29, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 22, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 15, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 1, 2015
- South Shore police report: Dec. 25, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 11, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 4, 2014