· An unknown person broke into the Sheridan Park pavilion in the 4800 block of South Sheridan Drive overnight Nov. 22 or 23. Nothing was missing, but damage to a window frame was estimated at $100. A police report speculated that a homeless person may have made entry since the pavilion is heated.
· Yard decorations with a combined value of $81 were stolen from outside a home in the 3700 block of East Squire Avenue overnight Nov. 19 or 20.
· A package of spacer rings, valued at $168, was taken from Falcon Machine, 3671 E. Mallory Ave., around 11 a.m. Nov. 20.
· A locked car was stolen from the 3700 block of East Barnard Avenue overnight Nov. 21 or 22.
· Two boxes of items that were delivered by UPS were taken from the porch of a home in the 3700 block of East Allerton Avenue between 1:30 and 2 p.m. Nov. 25. The shipments were valued at $220.
· A 45-year-old Milwaukee man was charged with operating while intoxicated after being stopped in the 4700 block of South Kirkwood Avenue at 8:14 p.m. Nov. 19. He had been traveling northbound in the 4700 block of South Whitnall Avenue at a high rate of speed before he was pursued. He registered a blood alcohol content of 0.22.
· A 41-year-old Milwaukee woman was cited for operating while intoxicated after being involved in a three-vehicle collision at Barnard and Packard avenues at 12:50 a.m. Nov. 23. She registered a BAC of 0.16.
· A driver's side mirror on a van owned by Time Warner Cable was smashed sometime between Nov. 13 and 18 while it was parked in the 4900 block of South Kirkwood Avenue. Damage was estimated at $200.
· An unknown person damaged a garage door behind the 3600 block of East Barnard Avenue between 1:30 and 6:30 pm. Nov. 23. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
· A 20-year-old Oak Creek man was charged with carrying a concealed weapon and underage alcohol consumption after an incident at 2:20 a.m. Nov. 23 at the Salty Dog, 3479 E. Plankinton Ave. According to police reports, the man had been drinking at the tavern, but left behind a wallet with false identification, and pulled a knife when trying to return after patrons were asked to leave at closing time.
· A 37-year-old resident alleged he was slapped in the face three times and had soda dumped on him by his 33-year-old girlfriend at 4 p.m. Nov. 27. After both were warned and advised about domestic violence laws, the man agreed to leave their residence.
· A 51-year-old South Milwaukee woman reported her purse was stolen from her car between 4:10 and 5 p.m. Nov. 22 while she and her son were fishing in Oak Creek at the waterfall. Items taken included $20 in cash, a credit card, a driver's license and a Social Security card.
· Police received a report Nov. 25 that plumbing pipes were stolen from a foreclosed home in the 1300 block of Manitoba Avenue, causing $1,490 in water damage. Damage was discovered Nov. 3.
· A 49-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for operating while intoxicated after he crashed into a garage in the 1700 block of Madison Avenue at 9:07 p.m. Nov. 22. He registered blood alcohol content of 0.26 on a preliminary breath test.
· A minivan parked in the 600 block of Menomonee Avenue was hit by another vehicle about 7 p.m. Nov. 23.
· A 39-year-old Racine woman was cited for inattentive driving and driving without insurance after she struck a car driven by a South Milwaukee driver in a rear-end collision at 1:35 p.m. Nov. 24. Both cars were northbound on South Chicago Avenue at Columbia Avenue.
· A car parked in the 500 block of Marshall Avenue was struck by another vehicle overnight Nov. 24 or 25. A rear window was broken and a bumper was dented.
· A 77-year-old South Milwaukee woman backed her car into a police car in the 3100 block of South Chicago Avenue at 1:25 p.m. Nov. 26.
· The front door of a house in the 700 block of Madison Avenue was reported to have been forced open at 3:36 p.m. Nov. 23, but nothing was taken and no damage was reported.
· A brick was thrown through a patio door at a house in the 1600 block of Drexel Boulevard at 10:05 p.m. Nov. 23. However, a 19-year-old resident of the house may regret calling police, as he had an unpaid theft ticket with South Milwaukee police. He was arrested and taken to the House of Correction.
· A valve stem on a tire on a car parked in the 800 block of Lakeview Avenue was reported cut at 1:26 p.m. Nov. 24.
· The owner of Powers on 10th, 1815 10th Ave., complained Nov. 24 that patrons were being harassed by a resident of the 900 block of Minnesota Avenue. According to police reports, the resident cursed at a customer, a 33-year-old South Milwaukee man, for parking illegally. The Minnesota Avenue resident "was advised to leave patrons from the bar alone."
· A South Milwaukee woman brought her 3-year-old son to the Police Department at 2:35 p.m. Nov. 26, because her son had taken a Spider-man towel from a store without paying. At her request, an officer lectured the toddler about stealing, and showed him a jail cell. The mother said she would return the towel.
· South Milwaukee police responded to three domestic violence incidents between Nov. 22 and 27.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: May 14, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 7, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 30, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 23, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 16, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 9, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 2, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 26, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 12, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 29, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 22, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 15, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 1, 2015
- South Shore police report: Dec. 25, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 11, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 4, 2014