· A GPS system valued at $100 was taken from a van in the 3700 block of East Munkwitz Avenue overnight April 21-22.
· Police are seeking a 41-year-old Milwaukee man who has been cited for battery and disorderly conduct, after he allegedly punched a 39-year-old Cudahy man shortly before 9 p.m. April 16 a home in the 3800 block of East Underwood Avenue.
· A 39-year-old resident was arrested for battery after he allegedly kicked his 39-year-old girlfriend and threw a tool bag at her in the 3800 block of East Layton Avenue on April 22.
· A 19-year-old man resident was cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at 9:49 p.m. April 22 after he was stopped at East Allerton and South Kirkwood avenues.
· A 25-year-old New Berlin woman was cited for operating while intoxicated at 2:07 a.m. April 19 in the 2900 block of East Layton Avenue. A breath test indicated a preliminart blood alcohol content of 0.12.
· A 29-year-old Cudahy man was cited for operating while intoxicated and fleeing an officer after a traffic stop in the 5400 block of South Whitnall Avenue at 2:43 a.m. April 20. The man was apprehended later at his home in the 3700 block of East Adams Avenue.
· At least three vehicles were reported damaged by some type of BB or pellet gun overnight April 17-18. Police listed damaged vehicles in the 3500 block of East Whittaker Avenue, the 3700 block of East Underwood Avenue, and the 3800 block of East Pulaski Avenue.
· A 16-year-old boy was cited for disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property after throwing things around his apartment, breaking a table and cursing his mother, in the 3600 block of East Squire Avenue at 4:12 p.m. April 22.
· A 25-year-old woman was cited for negligent handling of burning material after a fire in her apartment in the 5500 block of South Illinois Avenue at 10:19 a.m. April 17. The woman told police she had lit a plastic laundry bag in an attempt to seal it to keep her sister from taking clothes.
· A 30-year-old Cudahy resident was cited for disorderly conduct and negligent use of burning materials after he set a grass fire in the 5000 block of South Pennsylvania Avenue just before 5 a.m. April 21.
· Police are seeking a 25-year-old Milwaukee man cited for retail theft and trespassing after he was seen on surveillance video taking $88.50 worth of energy drinks from Pick 'n Save, 4698 S. Whitnall Ave., at 2:45 p.m. April 6. According to police reports, the man has been arrested for stealing energy drinks from Pick 'n Save stores in Milwaukee and Oak Creek, and has been told to stay out of all the chain's stores.
· Police are investigating theft of about $1,000 in cash from the Milwaukee Lounge, 1009 Milwaukee Ave. According to police reports, surveillance video shows a man using a key to enter the bar at 9:49 a.m. April 20, then going to the bar's office before leaving several minutes later.
· A catalytic converter was taken off a van parked in the 1100 block of Milwaukee Avenue on April 11.
· A car owned by a 49-year-old woman was stolen from the 1200 block of Edgewood Avenue prior to 9:32 a.m. April 15. It was recovered by Cudahy police the next day at a parking lot at 5820 S. Packard Ave.
· A 27-year-old Cudahy woman was cited for theft at 4:10 p.m. April 16 after she took two pairs of shoes and a bottle of hair dye from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave.
· A bicycle was taken from near Speedway, 2301 10th Ave., prior to April 23. The bicycle, likely taken in late March, had been chained to a utility pole.
· A 48-year-old man was charged with disorderly conduct-domestic abuse for physically assaulting his 52-year-old wife at 2:30 p.m. April 13.
· A 35-year-old man faces charges of domestic violence disorderly conduct after allegedly threatening his 37-year-old wife the evening of April 16. Police were contacted the next day after the couple's 10-year-old daughter told her teacher this was the latest of several incidents.
· A 26-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for operating while intoxicated after he was stopped traveling northbound in the 1000 block of North Chicago Avenue at 1:40 a.m. April 12. He refused a breath test.
· A 48-year-old Cudahy man was cited for operating while intoxicated at 9:40 p.m. April 13 after he struck a car parked in the 1300 block of Rawson Avenue. A breath test indicated a preliminary blood alcohol content was 0.34.
· A 48-year-old South Milwaukee woman was cited for operating while intoxicated (sixth offense) after being stopped in a vacant lot in the 1500 block of Rawson Avenue at 10:10 p.m. April 18. A breath test indicated a preliminary BAC of 0.19.
· A 25-year-old Cudahy man was cited for operating while intoxicated after a rollover accident at Rawson and Nicholson avenues at 2:46 a.m. April 20. His car struck traffic lights, hit a median and rolled over outside apartments at 1601 Nicholson Ave. A breath test indicated a preliminary BAC of 0.15.
· A 28-year-old Cudahy man was cited for operating while intoxicated and inattentive driving after he struck a parked car in the 3200 block of 5th Avenue while driving northbound at 5:33 a.m. April 20. A breath test indicated a preliminary BAC of 0.13.
· A 45-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for operating while intoxicated at 8:44 p.m. April 23 after a witness reported he was driving erratically on Rawson and Milwaukee avenues. He was arrested at his apartment in the 600 block of Milwaukee Avenue. A breath test indicated a preliminary BAC of 0.22.
· Two residents of the 1800 block of Michigan Avenue reported April 13 that a retaining wall and a garage door on their homes were tagged with spraypainted graffiti.
· A 39-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for criminal damage to property April 14 after allegedly cutting wires to the security system at a duplex in the 900 block of Minnesota Avenue after he had been evicted.
· Seven residents reported tires on their parked vehicles were damaged overnight April 15 or 16. Vandalism occurred in the 1700 and 1800 blocks of Beech Street, the 900 block of Nicholson Avenue and the 900 block of 17th Avenue.
· A vehicle was driven on the soccer field outside Divine Mercy School, 695 College Ave., overnight April 17-18. Damage was estimated at $350.
· The rear window of a pickup truck parked in the 3300 block of 15th Avenue was smashed overnight April 17-18. Damage was estimated at $510.
· Extensive vandalism was found near the pavilion at Grant Park, 100 E. Hawthorne Ave., the morning of April 19. There was graffiti on the building, saplings pulled from the ground, and garbage cans were found on the roof.
· An unlocked car was set on fire in the 400 block of Marquette Avenue overnight April 21-22. According to police reports, the fire extinguished itself due to lack of oxygen. Damage was estimated at $2,000.
· A 17-year-old boy was cited for disorderly conduct after a fight with his 15-year-old sister at 12:08 p.m. April 12. According to police reports he cursed his sister and kicked in her bedroom door.
· A 20-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for underage alcohol consumption after he was found lying next to a trash bin behind the 900 block of Monroe Avenue at 10:24 p.m. April 12. Police reported he was too intoxicated to get up or talk, or submit to a breath test. He was taken to St. Luke's South Shore Hospital in Cudahy.
· Six counterfeit $50 bills were received at Speedway, 2301 10th Ave., overnight April 14-15.
· Three counterfeit $50 bills were received at at Chicago Ave. Liquor, 309 N. Chicago Ave., overnight April 14-15.
· A 25-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for reckless driving, criminal damage to property and unlawful use of a vehicle in a park after police received reports of a car driving across parkland in the vicinity of 16th and Marquette avenues just before midnight April 18. The driver abandoned the car, which had struck several trees and crossed Oak Creek before landing on its side. The man, who said he had gotten lost, turned himself in to police April 23. He was also cited for possession of drug paraphernalia after a marijuana pipe was found in the car.
· Police broke up a drinking party on the beach at Grant Park, 100 E. Hawthorne Ave., at 8:56 p.m. April 19. Four persons were cited for underage alcohol consumption, two 17-year-old Milwaukee males, a 20-year-old Hales Corners male and a Hales Corners female whose age was not listed.
· A parked car was damaged by a hit-and-run driver in the 1200 block of Madison Avenue just after 8 p.m. April 20. Damage was estimated at $500.
· Police responded to seven domestic violence incidents between April 11 and 24.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: Sept. 3, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 16, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: June 18, 2015
- South Shore police report: June 4, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 28, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 14, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 7, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 30, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 23, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 16, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 9, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 2, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 26, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 12, 2015