An 86-year-old woman was rescued by emergency personnel after falling into a bathtub and remaining there for four days.
According to Cudahy Lt. David Aamodt:
Police received a call at 11 a.m. Jan. 6 to check on an elderly woman in the 3700 block of Klieforth Avenue after family members were unable to reach her for several days.
When officers arrived at her residence, they found a newspaper dated Jan. 4 left outside. The officers forced entry into her home, and found the woman in the bathtub where she had fallen into and was unable to get up.
The woman told officers that she believed she had been there for four days. She was taken to Aurora-St. Luke’s South Shore hospital. Her condition is unknown.
— Chantel Balzell,
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 30, 2015 issue (1)
- South Shore police report: July 16, 2015 issue
- South Milwaukee schools raise money for heart research
- Area high school students recognized in Junior Achievement challenge
- South Shore NOW claims a second in state newspaper contest (3)
- Teff Gymnasium forever (11)
- Geocaching is a free, easy activity in any community (7)
- Longing for good biking all year round? It's here