Ludmilla Moravec (nee Kalus) of Cudahy died Sept. 28, 2008, at age 96.
She was a lifelong member of St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church and a founding member of Wisconsin Slovak Historical Society. She worked as a stenographer at Brills Clothing Co.
She is survived by her son, Mark Thomas Moravec, other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by her husband, John Ivan Moravec; daughter, Miriam Ruth; sisters, Selma Nieman, Susan Tomaro and Elenor Mueller; and brother,
Service was Oct. 3 at St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church with the Rev. Carl Krueger as officiant. Interment was a Woodlawn Cemetery.
Memorials are suggested to St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church or Wisconsin Slovak Historical Society.
The family thanks Richard Kohl and the staff from Catholic Charities, Julie Johnson and the staff from Comfort Keepers, and Bess and Dan Papala.
Schramka-Nero Funeral Home handled the arrangements.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Milwaukee schools raise money for heart research
- Area high school students recognized in Junior Achievement challenge
- South Shore NOW claims a second in state newspaper contest (3)
- Teff Gymnasium forever (11)
- Geocaching is a free, easy activity in any community (7)
- Longing for good biking all year round? It's here
- Flying high (9)
- Man escapes drug sting after trip to hospital (7)
- Special feature: Firefighters train to handle situations involving one of their own (5)
- Taking a big leap (8)