Two red, white and blue flags fly next to the entrance of the newly opened Layton Garden Restaurant and Lounge, 3107 E. Layton Ave.
After five months of renovations, Peter Agnos is ready for business. The former Milwaukee County supervisor owns several restaurants in the area as part of Agnos Enterprises.
The Layton Garden Restaurant and Lounge will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week, even during the holidays. The restaurant also has a drive-through window.
For breakfast, manager Steve Sidirokastritis recommends the skillet with eggs and steak. The menu features lunch and dinner specials as well as an array of fresh fish. Other specialties include prime rib, baby back ribs and pork chops.
Prices range from $4.99 to $16.99, Sidirokastritis said.
“It’s a place to relax. You can have a drink at the bar, watch sports, have a nice meal and with affordable prices,” Agnos said.
The restaurant, open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily, offers visitors a casual dining experience, he said.
The building formerly housed Selen’s House of Prime.
Chantel Balzell can be reached at (262) 446-6602.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: Sept. 3, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 30, 2015 issue (1)
- South Shore police report: July 16, 2015 issue
- South Milwaukee schools raise money for heart research
- Area high school students recognized in Junior Achievement challenge
- South Shore NOW claims a second in state newspaper contest (3)
- Teff Gymnasium forever (11)
- Geocaching is a free, easy activity in any community (7)