Doug Sarver and Jeff Trickey will be among the members of the Wisconsin Football Coaches Association Hall of Fame induction class for 2009.
Sarver is in his 20th season as head football coach at St. Francis High School, his alma mater. He guided the Mariners to a WIAA Division 4 state runner-up finish in 2004, and has led them to eight consecutive WIAA playoff appearances.
Trickey formerly served as an assistant football coach at Cudahy High School and is currently the quarterbacks coach at Waukesha West High School. He also founded and orchestrates the nationally renowned Jeff Trickey Quarterback Camps.
The WFCA Hall of Fame induction will take place Saturday, March 28, at the Marriott West in Middleton. Tickets, priced at $45, may be purchased on a first-come, first-served basis from Dick Rundle, 5111 Arrowhead Drive, Monona, WI, 53716.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Milwaukee schools raise money for heart research
- Area high school students recognized in Junior Achievement challenge
- South Shore NOW claims a second in state newspaper contest (3)
- Teff Gymnasium forever (11)
- Geocaching is a free, easy activity in any community (7)
- Longing for good biking all year round? It's here
- Flying high (9)
- Man escapes drug sting after trip to hospital (7)
- Special feature: Firefighters train to handle situations involving one of their own (5)
- Taking a big leap (8)