Cudahy police arrested a 37-year-old man who had fled into a house Tuesday after allegedly stabbing a 26-year-old man in the chest in a residence in the 3700 block of E. Van Norman Ave.
The arrest ended a standoff that had begun around 6 a.m. with a 911 cellphone call about a stabbing, police said.
Melissa Maker, the Cudahy Police Department's public information officer, said in a news release that the victim was found stabbed in the backyard of the residence and was transported to Froedtert Hospital in Wauwatosa. The suspected assailant also was injured in the quarrel that preceded the stabbing and also was transported to a hospital, Maker said. The condition of the victim and the suspect was not released.
Police said the stabbing was not a random act - the victim and suspect knew each other. No one else was injured, police said. A nearby school, Lincoln Elementary School, was placed on lockdown until the suspect was arrested.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Milwaukee schools raise money for heart research
- Area high school students recognized in Junior Achievement challenge
- South Shore NOW claims a second in state newspaper contest (3)
- Teff Gymnasium forever (11)
- Geocaching is a free, easy activity in any community (7)
- Longing for good biking all year round? It's here
- Flying high (9)
- Man escapes drug sting after trip to hospital (7)
- Special feature: Firefighters train to handle situations involving one of their own (5)
- Taking a big leap (8)