Cudahy - The city is taking steps to land a "big box" retailer at Pennsylvania and Layton avenues.
The Community Development Authority this week said it favors a large retailer at the 30-acre site rather than at the site of the failed Iceport complex at Nicholson Road and Layton Ave., according to an announcement from the city.
Lara Fritts, the city's director of economic development, will be marketing the property with Cobalt Partners of Milwaukee at the International Council of Shopping Centers' Global Retail Real Estate Convention in Las Vegas on May 23-25, the announcement says.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: July 24, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 17, 2014 issue
- South Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014 issue
- South Shore Police Report: May 23
- Man cited for battery after argument with his girlfriend turns violent
- South Shore Police Report: May 12
- Locals have until end of May to examine or claim historical documents from St. Joseph's, Holy Family and St. Frederick
- South Shore Police Report: May 5
- JB’s on 41 Offering Free Bowling to Kids All Summer Long for Fifth Year
- Police Report: April 28