A judge Friday ordered that a Cudahy man accused of plotting to have a woman he was courting disfigured will be examined a second time to determine if he is mentally competent to stand trial.
Milwaukee County Circuit Court Judge Dennis Cimpl made the ruling after Jimmy Santiago Dominguez's attorney presented evidence indicating the 35-year-old welder is not competent.
Last Friday, after reviewing a doctor's report, Cimpl had judged Dominguez competent.
Authorities believe Dominguez may have sent an Aurora, Ill., woman $100,000 over the past 18 months. Seeking a closer relationship, he is accused of hiring two men to slash the woman's face, hoping he and the woman would become closer as he nursed her back to health.
Police arrested Dominguez after he went to Aurora believing the two men - one of whom was an undercover officer - were about to carry out the crimes.
Dominguez, who is in jail on three felony charges, is due back in court for the second doctor's report Oct. 26.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: Sept. 3, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 30, 2015 issue (1)
- South Shore police report: July 16, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: June 18, 2015 (1)
- South Shore police report: June 4, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 28, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 14, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 7, 2015