The College Avenue ramps to and from Interstate 94 and park-and-ride lots have closed so the entire College Avenue interchange can be rebuilt.
The northeast park-and-ride lot is scheduled to reopen in late August while the southeast lot and the interchange ramps are scheduled to reopen in November, according to estimates by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
During the lot closures from May 22 to late August, a temporary park-and-ride lot will be available for public use at MATC's parking lot B, the DOT said in a press release. That lot will be accessible off of Howell Avenue between College and Rawson.
Also, the Layton Avenue and Rawson Avenue interchange ramps will be open as alternates during the College Avenue ramp closures.
All scheduled closures are weather dependent, and the DOT is urging drivers to be patient as the project proceeds.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 30, 2015 issue (1)
- South Shore police report: July 16, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: June 18, 2015 (1)
- South Shore police report: June 4, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 28, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 14, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 7, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 30, 2015