· An unidentified person tried unsuccessfully to break into Trendsetters Hair Salon, 6088 S. Packard Ave., overnight June 21-22.
· Two unidentified males took 12 cans of baby formula, with a combined value of $230, from Pick 'n Save, 5851 S. Packard Ave., at 4:16 p.m. June 18.
· Rear license plates were stolen from two cars in adjacent parking lots — at Anytime Fitness, 5879 S. Packard Ave., and at Sherwin Williams Paint, 5871 S. Packard Ave. — the evening of June 20.
· A car stereo valued at $200 was stolen from a locked car parked behind a home in the 3600 block of East Layton Avenue overnight June 21-22.
· A rented children's violin was stolen from a car parked in a driveway in the 3900 block of East Morris Avenue overnight June 24-25. The violin was valued at $300.
· A 28-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for retail theft after taking two bottles of a nutritional supplement, valued at $53 apiece, from Walgreens, 3201 E. Layton Ave. The man was apprehended across the street at 8:10 a.m. just after he boarded a Milwaukee County Transit System bus.
· Windows on two residences were damaged by BBs in the 3700 block of East Klieforth Avenue at 9:30 p.m. June 23.
· The rear window of a van was shot with a BB gun in the 6000 block of South Robert Avenue between 1 and 1:30 a.m. June 26. Damage was estimated at $300.
· A 31-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for marijuana possession with intent to deliver after he was stopped at 1:49 a.m. June 22 in the 2400 block of East Layton Avenue. A search of the car found 2.7 grams of marijuana in four bags and $217 cash. The man was also cited for operating while intoxicated and operating after revocation. A breath test indicated a preliminary blood alcohol content of 0.13. A 40-year-old Milwaukee woman, a passenger in the car, was cited for illegal possession of Vicodin and possessing open intoxicants.
· A 37-year-old Franklin woman was cited for operating while intoxicated in the 4700 block of South Packard Avenue at 3:31 a.m. June 22. A breath test indicated a preliminary BAC of 0.13.
· An SUV was stolen from the 4100 block of South Lake Drive overnight June 25-26.
· The front passenger-side window in an SUV was smashed in the 4500 block of South Whitnall Avenue between June 20 and 24. Damage was estimated at $225.
· Two South Milwaukee men, ages 19 and 20, were arrested with possession of marijuana and hashish with intent to deliver in the vicinity of East Denton and South Barland avenues at 3:11 p.m. June 17 . According to police reports the duo had $1,300 in cash in a backpack, along with a piece of paper in the younger man's wallet listing names and amounts of money owed.
· A 56-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for operating while intoxicated at 6:55 p.m. June 21 after his vehicle struck a construction sign in the 3800 block of South Kinnickinnic Avenue. The man, who was stopped in Cudahy, was also cited for possessing open intoxicants and inattentive driving.
· Cash totaling $760 was taken from an apartment in the 2400 block of 10th Avenue between June 8 and 12.
· A Mukwonago man's wallet was taken from his car between 5 and 10:30 a.m. June 14 while he was visiting Grant Park, 100 Hawthorne Ave. The wallet's content included $30 and several credit cards.
· A 22-year-old Oak Creek man was cited for retail theft after he took a can of refrigerant valued at $43 from Advanced Auto Parts, 2929 S. Chicago Ave., at 6:51 p.m. June 16. The man fled the store but was apprehended at his home by Oak Creek police.
· Two copper downspouts with a combined value of $200 were taken from Divine Mercy rectory, 1304 Manitoba Ave., between June 16 and 24.
· Several open bottles of liquor were taken from a backyard bar at a residence in the 1600 block of Clark Court overnight June 20-21.
· A bicycle valued at $80 was stolen from the 1900 block of 17th Avenue on June 22.
· A digital camera and lens with combined value of $3,100 were taken from an unlocked car in the 1600 block of Edgewood Avenue between 6 and 8:30 p.m. June 23.
· A resident of the 1400 block of Marquette Avenue reported three unidentified men attacked a 33-year-old South Milwaukee man at about 9:30 p.m. June 24. The assailants fled when two residents responded to the victim's cries for help.
· An unidentified man smashed a window at PyraMax Bank, 1015 Marquette Ave., at 1:16 a.m. June 17. Damage was estimated at $500.
· Two windows on a residence were shot with a BB gun in the 700 block of North Chicago Avenue overnight June 25-26. Damage was estimated at $240.
· A 17-year-old South Milwaukee boy was cited for operating while intoxicated at 1:27 a.m. June 22 in the 1300 block of Marquette Avenue. According to police reports, the boy had not been drinking, but had been smoking marijuana, and a search of the vehicle found a baggie of marijuana, a scale, an empty baggie, $124 in cash and a box of baggies. An officer stated he believed the subject "may be selling marijuana based on the items I had found and his statement when arrested ... that he was glad that was all he had on him this time."
· A 29-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for operating while intoxicated in the 1000 block of Columbia Avenue at about 8:20 p.m. June 24. A breath test indicated a preliminary blood alcohol content of 0.23.
· A 45-year-old South Milwaukee woman was cited for failure to yield after a collision at 1:57 p.m. June 23 at the intersection of 15th Avenue and Oak Creek Parkway. According to police reports the woman was driving westbound on the parkway. After observing a stop sign she attempted a left turn, but struck a car an 85-year-old South Milwaukee man was driving southbound on 15th.
· A 34-year-old man was cited for disorderly conduct after he urinated outside Powers on 10th, 1815 10th Ave., on June 23.
· Police responded to one domestic violence incident between June 20 and 26.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: Nov. 20, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 13, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 6, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 30, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 23, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 16, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 9, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 2, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 25, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 18, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 11, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 4, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 28, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 14, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 7, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 24, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 17, 2014 issue
- South Shore Police Report: May 23
- South Shore Police Report: May 12