· A 31-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for retail theft for taking feminine hygiene products valued at $4.29 from Walgreens, 3201 E. Layton Ave., at 2:45 p.m. Oct. 10. The man said the products were for his 12-year-old daughter, but he had no money to pay for them.
· A pack of cigarettes, 25 CDs and change were taken from an unlocked car in the 3000 block of East Dale Avenue either Oct. 14 or Oct. 15.
· A 24-year-old Cudahy man, a 27-year-old Racine woman and a 17-year-old Cudahy girl were cited for marijuana possession after they were picked up in a car parked in Sheridan Park the evening of Oct. 9. The man also was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia.
· At 2 a.m. Oct. 12, police stopped a vehicle with suspended registration in the 5600 block of South Pennsylvania Avenue. The driver, a 19-year-old Oak Creek man, and his passenger, a 28-year-old Florida man, are brothers. The Florida man was taken into custody on a warrant from the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office. He was cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
· A 33-year-old Milwaukee woman was cited for drunken driving, speeding and driving without insurance after she was stopped at 2:22 a.m. Oct. 10 in the parking lot behind Chase Bank, 4702 S. Packard Ave. Her blood-alcohol content was 0.12.
· A 25-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for drunken driving and speeding in the 4700 block of South Packard Avenue at 1:45 a.m. Oct. 13. His BAC was 0.16.
· A 50-year-old Elk Grove Village, Ill., man was cited for drunken driving, fifth offense, in the 4800 block of South Whitnall Avenue about 10:40 p.m. Oct. 14. He had been pulled over for running a red light and briefly driving the wrong direction on Layton Avenue. "The driver was teary-eyed and began to cry" when pulled over, the police report states. He "continuously expressed his disappointment and frustration in himself because he believed he would be dismissed from his congregation." He "said things like 'This will bring such shame to the church.'" The driver refused a blood draw.
· A 35-year-old South Milwaukee woman and a 32-year-old South Milwaukee man were cited for disorderly conduct and a 23-year-old Cudahy man was cited for vandalism after a road rage incident along Pennsylvania Avenue the evening of Sept. 17. The South Milwaukee woman told officers that a passenger in a van driven by a 54-year-old Cudahy woman threw a large soda at her car that went through a window and hit her in the face while both vehicles were stopped at the end of the Lake Parkway at Pennsylvania and Edgerton avenues. She said an occupant of the van later threw an item at her vehicle that smashed her windshield. The Cudahy man stated that the South Milwaukee woman cursed at them and threw bananas at the van, at which point the South Milwaukee man threw the soda at the woman's car. He then said he "knew it was wrong, but it was funny." The Cudahy man admitted throwing an aerosol can at the South Milwaukee woman's windshield.
· A home's window was broken, possibly with a BB, in the 3800 block of East Barnard Avenue. Damage is estimated at $500. The damage was reported Oct. 15.
· Police are investigating fraudulent use of a credit card belonging to a Cudahy woman, who reported losing the card sometime between Oct. 5 and Oct. 10. According to police reports, there were $176.77 in unauthorized charges on her card.
· Cudahy police responded to one domestic violence incident between Oct. 12 and Oct. 18.
· A 28-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for disorderly conduct and obstructing an officer shortly after 7 a.m. Oct. 12. The apparently intoxicated man had been trying to enter South Shore Manor, 1915 E. Tripoli Ave. When police responded, he was found nearby urinating on grass in the 3700 block of South Ahmedi Avenue.
· A bed and a television set were taken from an apartment in the 500 block of 11th Avenue on Oct. 17.
· Two bicycles were taken from a yard in the 1300 block of Milwaukee Avenue between Oct. 12 and Oct. 15.
· A 20-year-old Racine woman was cited for trespassing Oct. 15 outside Pick 'n Save, 2931 S. Chicago Ave., after a theft occurred. The woman said she was not shoplifting, but had accompanied a woman who took $574.97 in merchandise from the store before fleeing. The Racine woman had abandoned a cart with $600 worth of merchandise in the store.
· A bicycle was stolen at South Milwaukee Middle School, 1001 15th Ave., during the school day Oct. 17.
· A check for $2,316 and $2,500 in cash were taken from an apartment in the 1200 block of Madison Avenue. The owner said he discovered the losses after midnight Oct. 17.
· Two callers told police a patron was attacked behind Boosters, 1115 Milwaukee Ave., shortly after 1 a.m. Oct. 13, while attempting to break up a fight. The perpetrators left the area.
· A 23-year-old Milwaukee man and a 16-year-old Milwaukee girl were cited for battery for attacking a 28-year-old South Milwaukee man outside an apartment building in the 1400 block of Minnesota Avenue at 11:38 a.m. Oct. 13.
· A 37-year-old West Allis woman was arrested for drunken driving at 15th and Monroe avenues just past midnight Oct. 13. Her blood-alcohol content was 0.20.
· A 23-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for drunken driving at Chicago and Montana avenues at 1:43 a.m. Oct. 17. His BAC was 0.18.
· A 13-year-old boy was treated for a shoulder abrasion at St. Luke's South Shore hospital after an accident before 7 p.m. Oct. 13 at College and Chicago avenues. The boy was riding his bicycle eastbound on the sidewalk along College when he struck a car turning south onto Chicago. The driver got out of the car, and helped the boy pick up his bicycle and move out of the street.
· A 38-year-old St. Francis man driving north on Chicago Avenue struck a Milwaukee County Transit System bus at Badger Avenue before 8 a.m. Oct. 15. The man was taken to the hospital for treatment of possible back injuries. The bus continued on its route.
· A truck's driver-side mirror was broken in the 1400 block of Blake Avenue before 6:45 a.m. Oct. 15. Damage is estimated at $300.
· South Milwaukee police responded to four domestic violence incidents between Oct. 11 and Oct. 17.
· A shotgun shell was found by a student outside the entrance to South Milwaukee Middle School, 1001 15th Ave., before the start of classes Oct. 16. The student turned in the shell at the school office.
· Two 21-year-old South Milwaukee men were cited for disorderly conduct after a fight outside Bottoms Up, 500 Madison Ave., after 2 a.m. Oct. 17.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: April 2, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 26, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 12, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 29, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 22, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 15, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 1, 2015
- South Shore police report: Dec. 25, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 11, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 4, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 20, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 13, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 6, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 30, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 23, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 16, 2014