· A 32-year-old Milwaukee resident who previously lived in the 3700 block of East Edgerton Avenue reported $200 of tools were taken from her former apartment sometime between Oct. 5 and 7.
· A digital media player valued at $150 and a charging cord valued at $15 were taken from an unlocked SUV parked in the 3000 block of East Somers Avenue on Oct. 5 or 6.
· Ten CDs and approximately $60 in change were reported taken from an unlocked car parked in the 2600 block of East Vogel Avenue sometime Oct. 5 or 6.
· Two locked bicycles were stolen from a back porch in the 5100 block of South Packard Avenue sometime Oct. 9 or 10.
· A 39-year-old Greenfield woman was cited for retail theft for allegedly shoplifting $52 of candy at Walgreens, 3201 E. Layton Ave., on Oct. 10.
· A 36-year-old West Milwaukee man faces drunken driving charges after his car collided with that of a 31-year-old Cudahy man at approximately 3 a.m. Sept. 28 in the 5300 block of South Pennsylvania Avenue. The West Milwaukee man allegedly left the scene before stopping at a parking lot behind 5656 S. Pennsylvania Ave. The West Milwaukee man had a blood alcohol content of 0.17. He also received four municipal traffic citations.
· A 28-year-old Cudahy man faces municipal drunken driving charges after he was stopped after 2 a.m. Oct. 11 in the 3900 block of East Pulaski Avenue. According to police reports, the man squealed his tires after turning from Kirkwood Avenue onto Underwood Avenue. His BAC was 0.13.
· Damage was estimated at $20,000 after a forced entry into a vacant school building at 3776 E. Hammond Ave. According to police reports, an unknown suspect(s) left a hose running on the first floor, leaving approximately 2 inches of water on the floor when the break-in was discovered Oct. 4. There was also substantial damage to the basement ceiling. Nothing was reported stolen.
· Police are investigating an incident where a BB or pellet gun was fired to shatter the rear cap window of a truck parked behind a home in the 5100 block of South Kirkwood Avenue on Oct. 6 or 7. Damage was estimated at $100.
· A Milwaukee County Parks worker reported discovering graffiti spray-painted on a retaining wall in Sheridan Park on Oct. 9. Cost of repair was estimated at $500.
· A 66-year-old Cudahy man was stopped in the 3500 block of East Barnard Avenue and arrested on a warrant for a sex offender registry violation before 7 p.m. Oct. 8. Search of the vehicle found four knives, a gun and ammunition. The man, convicted of murder and rape in 1970, said he "had so many weapons at his disposal so that he would be prepared for any situation." He was transported to the Milwaukee County Jail.
· Cudahy police responded to two domestic violence incidents between Oct. 5 and 12.
· A television valued at $200 was taken from a storage locker in the apartment building in the 4000 block of South Packard Avenue sometime between Sept. 23 and Oct. 7.
· An unidentified male tried to take about $52 of merchandise from Pick 'n Save, 4698 S. Whitnall Ave., on Oct. 1. The suspect fled the parking lot by car, leaving the cart and merchandise behind.
· A 31-year-old Milwaukee man admitted shoplifting four bottles of liquor valued at $151 from Pick 'n Save, 4698 S. Whitnall Ave., on Oct. 10. According to police reports, the man has five prior convictions for retail theft.
· An Elm Grove man reported the tailgate from a company-owned pickup truck he drove was stolen outside St. Francis Brewery, 3825 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., between 5:30 and 7:10 p.m. Oct. 9. The truck is owned by Day and Zimmermann, Oak Creek. The tailgate is valued at $800.
· A 19-year-old St. Francis man has been charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia following an incident Oct. 7. Police responded to a report of subjects with rifles near a bicycle path in the 3900 block of South Lake Drive. The 19-year-old was found in possession of marijuana, while he, a 21-year-old Cudahy man, and a juvenile male from Cudahy were arrested for discharge of projectiles, in this case a BB gun. The 21-year-old was also charged with contributing to the delinquency of a child.
· A lawn mower was reported stolen from a residence in the 700 block of Milwaukee Avenue at 5:05 p.m. Sept. 27.
· A red pick-up truck drove away without paying for $30 of gas at BP gas station, 1700 Rawson Ave., at 12:45 p.m. Sept. 28.
· A set of tires was reported stolen from the storage area of an apartment building in the 1400 block of Minnesota Avenue at 5 p.m. Sept. 28.
· A $75 bike was reported stolen from the yard of a residence in the 1000 block of Elm Avenue at 5:03 p.m. Sept. 28.
· A car was reported entered and about $54 in small items and change stolen from inside while the car was parked in the 500 block of Marion Avenue at 9:21 a.m. Sept. 30.
· A car was reported entered and items stolen from inside while the car was parked in the 700 block of Sherman Avenue at 4:23 p.m. Sept. 30.
· A 24-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for stealing several aerosol cans from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., and inhaling them in the parking lot at 4:45 p.m. Sept. 30.
· A locked $60 bike was disassembled and some parts stolen outside of Rawson Elementary School, 1410 Rawson Ave., between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Sept. 30.
· A 29-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested at the South Milwaukee Police Department Oct. 2, after she stole an ID and a debit card from a residence in the 1300 block of Marquette Avenue Sept. 30 and used the card to withdraw $400 from the victim's bank account.
· A backpack with contents valued at $300 was reported stolen off of the front porch of a residence in the 600 block of Marquette Avenue at 7:36 p.m. Oct. 2.
· A Honda Accord stolen out of Milwaukee was recovered in the 1800 block of Missouri Avenue at 8:55 a.m. Oct. 3, after it had been reported abandoned. The hood, front bumper and front license plate were stolen from vehicle.
· Cash in the amount of $143 was reported stolen from a bathroom stall at Pick 'n Save, 2931 S. Chicago Ave., at 8:55 p.m. Oct. 4, after the victim accidentally left the money there.
· A car's driver's side door, window and steering column were damaged in an apparent attempt to steal the car while it was parked in a residential garage in the 400 block of Michigan Avenue between 9 p.m. Oct. 5 and 8 a.m. Oct. 6. A set of tools was also stolen from inside the car.
· Five soft drum cases were reported stolen from an unlocked car in the 1400 block of Rawson Avenue at 12:29 a.m. Oct. 6. The cases were collectively valued at $300.
· A registration sticker was reported stolen from a car parked in the 2400 block of 15th Avenue at 6:36 a.m. Oct. 8.
· Three batteries were reported stolen from vehicles parked in the lot of Zinovi Motor Car Body & Paint, 923 Sherman Ave., at 9:07 a.m. Oct. 8. Each battery was valued at $100.
· An air conditioner was reported stolen from a residence in the 3300 block of Marina Drive at 12:39 p.m. Oct. 8.
· A $150 leaf blower was reported stolen from the back of a truck at a residence in the 700 block of Milwaukee Avenue at 5:34 p.m. Oct. 8.
· A 39-year-old man was arrested for battery after he reportedly threw a 17-year-old boy against a wall, held him there by the neck and punched him at a residence in the 3300 block of Marina Road at 7:15 p.m. Oct. 5. The man's daughter was a friend of the boy's girlfriend, and he was responding to a dispute between the boy and his daughter.
· A 51-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, fourth offense, at Fifth and Sherman avenues after he was pulled over for suspended registration at 2:21 a.m. Sept. 21. He had a BAC of 0.08, but was only allowed a BAC of 0.02 due to his previous convictions.
· A 22-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, at Mill Road and Milwaukee Avenue after he was pulled over for not having his headlights turned on at 2:38 a.m. Sept. 28. He had a BAC of 0.08.
· A 35-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, in the 1300 block of College Avenue after police received a report that the man was driving on the grass and sidewalk in the area at 12:50 a.m. Sept. 29. Police followed tracks in the grass to where the man was trying to lift his fallen motorcycle. Although the man said he had been pushing to the motorcycle and not driving, the tracks stopped where the motorcycle had fallen and the engine was warm to the touch. The man refused to perform field sobriety tests or a breath test. He was also cited for reckless driving.
· A 33-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, in the 300 block of North Chicago Avenue after she was stopped for not having her headlights on at 2:15 a.m. Oct 2. She had a BAC of 0.07. and was issued municipal citation, but she was not issued the citation for driving with a prohibited alcohol concentration.
· A 65-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, after police received a report that the man had drunkenly hit his head at Great Clips. 2961 S Chicago Ave., at 6:50 p.m. Oct. 8, but had already left when police responded to the scene. He was pulled over driving back to his residence in the 300 block of Marion Avenue, and as he was stopping, he went over the curb and onto the grass and nearly hit a retaining wall. He had a BAC of 0.13.
· A 28-year-old South Milwaukee woman was arrested for drunken driving, second offense, during a traffic stop for suspended registration at South Chicago and Marshall avenues at 1:44 a.m. Oct. 10. The woman reportedly jumped the curb as she was being pulled over. This is the woman's second offense, but she has two other pending charges for drunken driving. The woman's BAC is not yet available.
· A mailbox was reported damaged in the 1600 block of Drexel Boulevard at 6:59 a.m. Sept. 29, after a pumpkin was thrown at it, knocking the mailbox off of its post.
· A car was found scratched with $300 in damage in the 400 block of Southtowne Drive 10:02 a.m. Sept. 30. The incident could have happened anytime in the preceding week while the owner was out of town.
· A car was reported egged in the 500 block of Menomonee Avenue at 10:40 a.m. Oct. 1.
· A mailbox was reported knocked down causing $200 in damage in the 1100 block of Sycamore Avenue at 12:37 a.m. Oct. 2. The owner of the mailbox suspected that it was a hit-and-run.
· A 51-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for recklessly endangering safety, second degree, and causing a hit-and-run accident causing injury in the 2300 block of 15th Avenue after rammed his car into the front end of a car backing into a driveway in the 1400 block of Madison Avenue at 8:04 p.m. Oct. 7. He was reportedly mad that his neighbor routinely parked a vehicle in front of his residence.
· Two $300 tires on a car were reported slashed in a parking lot in the 3500 block of Ninth Avenue at 12:54 p.m. Oct. 8.
· A mailbox was dented in front of a residence in the 1700 block of Beech Street between 2 p.m. Oct. 8 and 11:48 a.m. Oct. 9.
· A mailbox was reported damaged in 1300 block of 18th Avenue at 4:08 p.m. Oct. 9.
· A malamute shepherd dog was put down by its owner was after it escaped from its yard, jumped over a fence into another yard in the 700 block of Marquette Avenue at 8:21 a.m. Sept. 29, where it attacked and killed a morkie living at that residence. The owner of the dog was later cited for having a dog at large.
· A 16-year-old South Milwaukee boy was arrested in the 1200 block of Williams Avenue after a 17-year-old South Milwaukee boy reported being shot by a BB in the area at 10:13 p.m. Oct. 3. The boy was also found to be responsible for shooting a window on the block with an airsoft gun from his car. Three other boys in the car were also detained at the scene and released to their parents there, but not cited.
· A 47-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for disorderly conduct at his residence in the 1100 block of Marion Avenue at 2:46 p.m. after other tenants in the building reported that he was running around naked, yelling, mumbling to himself and confronting other residents.
· South Milwaukee Police responded to 27 domestic violence incidents between Sept. 27 and Oct. 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: May 14, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 7, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 30, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 23, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 16, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 9, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 2, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 26, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 12, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 29, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 22, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 15, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 1, 2015
- South Shore police report: Dec. 25, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 11, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 4, 2014