· A $10 gas can with $4 gas was stolen from a locked storage shed on the grounds of St. Mark's Evangelical Lutheran Church, 3515 E. Van Norman Ave., between noon Sept. 18 and 2:21 p.m. Sept. 23. A $10 padlock securing the shed door was not found.
· A $75 bike was stolen from an unlocked residential garage in the 3700 block of East Carpenter Avenue between 7:30 p.m. Sept. 22 and 12:13 p.m. Sept. 23.
· A $700 laptop computer was stolen from the client-services desk of St. Luke's South Shore Hospital, 5900 S. Lake Drive, between 4:30 p.m. Sept. 13 and 7:40 a.m. Sept. 16.
· A 22-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for theft and prowling at his residence in the 2800 block of Holmes Avenue at 12:58 p.m. Sept. 22, after he was spotted taking things from an unlocked car by its owner in the 3000 block of East Vogel Avenue at 11:40 p.m. the previous night. The victim did not realize that items were missing until the following morning, which is when the incident was reported.
· An 18-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for retail theft at Walgreens, 3201 E. Layton Ave., at 8:43 a.m. Sept. 23, after he attempted to steal two boxes of condoms, collectively worth $12, by shoving them down his pants before buying other items.
· A 21-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for theft at his residence in the 3700 block of East Underwood Avenue at 10:09 a.m. Sept. 23, after a $175 computer stolen from an unlocked car in the 3900 block of East Underwood Avenue was found in his residence.
· A $150 car window was smashed and a purse stolen from inside while the car was parked in a lot in the 5600 block of South Pennsylvania Avenue between 7:30 a.m. and 4:05 p.m. Sept. 23. The $15 purse included a $15 wallet, a $100 pair of glasses, identification documents credit cards, $100 in cash and 26 blank checks. By 7 p.m. two cards had been charged with about $525 in purchases and another $843 in attempted purchases.
· A $100 bike was stolen from the yard of a residence in the 5800 block of South Pennsylvania Avenue between 3:30 and 4 p.m. Sept. 23.
· About 100 gallons of diesel fuel were siphoned from a semi-tractor parked in the north lot of Ace World Wide, 1900 E. College Ave., between 5 p.m. Sept. 24 and 7 a.m. Sept. 25. The fuel was valued at $390.
· A 21-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of drugs and related paraphernalia after the car he was a passenger in was stopped for speeding in the 2400 block of East Layton Avenue at 7:07 p.m. Sept. 24. While the man was being arrested for not paying a fine, police found a marijuana pipe and 0.7 grams of marijuana in his pocket. The 28-year-old Milwaukee man driving was issued four traffic citations for speeding, driving without a license, driving without insurance and not registering his car.
· A 34-year-old West Bend man was arrested for possession of drugs and related paraphernalia at Speedway, 6265 S. Pennsylvania Ave., at 4:44 a.m. Sept. 25, after police found six syringes on him and in his car, at least one of which he admitted contained heroin.
· A 20-year-old Milwaukee man and a 19-year-old Milwaukee woman were arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia after they were caught with a marijuana pipe and 0.4 grams of marijuana in their car during a traffic stop in the 5300 block of South Nicholson Avenue at 2:09 p.m. Sept. 28. The driver also had a warrant out for his arrest with the Greenfield Police Department for not paying a fine.
· A 24-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, after police found him parked in the 3200 block of East Grange Avenue passed out with the engine running and one wheel on the curb at 5:03 a.m. Sept. 15. The man had a blood alcohol content of 0.7, but failed all of the field sobriety tests.
· A 24-year-old West Allis man was arrested for drunken driving, second offense, after he was pulled over in the 3600 block of East Ramsey Avenue for speeding at 4:33 a.m. Sept. 22. The man had a BAC of 0.20. He was also cited for speeding and driving without insurance.
· A $200 window was broken at Cudahy Middle School, 5530 S. Barland Ave., between 3 and 11:59 p.m. Sept. 19. The window was found with a small puncture hole, which caused a crack across the entire length of the 27-inch-by-27-inch pane.
· Graffiti was placed on the building formerly occupied by Aldi, 5656 S. Packard Ave., between 7 p.m. Sept. 23 and 8:12 a.m. Sept. 24. Illegible words, a picture of a bird and symbol were drawn on the north wall of the building in black and red ink, and will cost $1 to remove.
· The $300 driver's-side window was smashed on a car parked in the 3500 block of East Bottsford Avenue between 10 p.m. Sept. 28 and 9:30 a.m. Sept. 29. The victim did not report anything missing or any signs of an attempted robbery.
· A 28-year-old Milwaukee woman was cited for scavenging recyclable materials during a traffic stop in the 3500 block of East Armour Avenue at 11:45 a.m. Sept. 26, after she was caught hauling two water heaters and a gas grill in her truck. She had been warned for the same offense in July. She was also cited for driving after suspension, driving without insurance and driving without a seat belt.
· Cudahy Police responded to two domestic incidents between Sept. 21 and Sept. 28.
· A $750 hybrid bike was stolen from the garage of an apartment building in the 4100 block of South Lake Drive between 10 a.m. and and 8 p.m. Sept. 22.
· A driver's license and $150 in cash were reported stolen from a purse at Pick 'n Save, 4698 S. Whitnall Ave., between 5 and 7:30 p.m. Sept. 23, while the victim was shopping and looking after a child.
· A 23-year-old St. Francis man was arrested for shoplifting, disorderly conduct and trespassing at Pick 'n Save, 4698 S. Whitnall Ave., at 4:03 p.m. Sept. 25, after he was caught by employees with a $1 bottle of juice in his pocket. The man had been warned not to return to the store on previous occasions or he would be arrested for trespassing. The man also took a defensive stance when store employees confronted him, forcing them to pin him to the ground until police arrived.
· A house was broken into and burglarized in the 1600 block of Blake Avenue between 1:45 and 2:30 p.m. Sept. 21, after an unknown number of subjects forced open the front door. The stolen items include two $400 rings, two $500 rings, $50 in silver dollars and $580 in cash.
· Two guns were stolen from a residence in the 700 block of Milwaukee Avenue sometime on Aug. 25, but the incident was not reported until Sept. 22. Both guns were rifles with scopes, a Marlin 30/30 and a Remington 410.
· An Evinrude boat motor was stolen from an alley behind the 1100 block of Menomonee Avenue between Sept. 2 and Sept. 23.
· Money was reported stolen from a wallet at a residence in the 600 block of Michigan Avenue at 12:28 p.m. Sept. 21.
· A computer and a monitor were reported stolen from a van while it was either parked in the 1600 block of Manistique Avenue or at the local YMCA at 9:31 a.m. Sept. 21.
· A dry erase board was reported stolen from outside a residence in the 1400 block of Rawson Avenue at 11 a.m. Sept. 21 and was stolen sometime during the preceding night.
· A $22,639 car was reported stolen from outside of a residence in the 600 block of Columbia Avenue at 5:45 a.m. Sept. 23. Using OnStar, the car was located and recovered by Milwaukee Police and returned to owner.
· A 19-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of marijuana and underage consumption of alcohol in the 200 block of North Chicago Avenue at 11:10 p.m. Sept. 21 after he mistakenly attempted to enter another person's car and the owner called for police.
· Several cars were egged in front of an apartment building in the 500 block of Menomonee Avenue at 11:42 p.m. Sept. 21. The owners reported that the incident caused no damage to the cars.
· A man was cited for resisting an officer, vandalism and possession of drug paraphernalia after he had already been arrested for disorderly conduct, domestic violence related, at a residence at 4:48 a.m. Sept. 22. The man had been arrested for drunkenly screaming in the residence, but would not comply with responding officers and went on to spit at them. Police searched him and found a glass pipe and a wooden container with marijuana residue. The man also damaged the tail lamp of a squad car in the South Milwaukee Police station.
· South Milwaukee Police responded to 14 domestic incidents between Sept. 20 and Sept. 25.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: April 2, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 26, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 12, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 29, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 22, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 15, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 1, 2015
- South Shore police report: Dec. 25, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 11, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 4, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 20, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 13, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 6, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 30, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 23, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 16, 2014