· A cash register drawer containing $700 was stolen from Choice Landscaping, 5267 S. Whitnall Ave, between 7 p.m. Aug. 2 and 9 a.m. Aug. 3. Surveillance footage shows two people attempting to open the register, failing, and then taking the entire drawer, causing about $100 in damage in to the register. Two bikes were stolen from a nearby residence, but were found.
· Prescription medication and $46 were stolen from a home in the 4400 block of South Packard Avenue between 10 and 11:30 p.m. July 29.
· A $225 car window was smashed and a $25 purse containing a $15 wallet, a Social Security card, credit cards and $125 was stolen from a car in the lot at St. Luke's South Shore hospital, 5900 S. Lake Drive, about 1 p.m. July 30. One of the credit cards was used to fraudulently buy $100 worth of goods from Speedway.
· A 23-year-old man living in the upper unit of a duplex in the 3800 block of East Barnard Avenue was cited for theft Aug. 5, after he admitted to using an extension cord to steal electricity from the lower unit between July 25 and Aug. 1.
· A 30-year-old South Milwaukee woman was arrested for retail theft at Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave. in South Milwaukee, about 4:30 p.m. Aug. 5. South Milwaukee police found that the woman also had stolen merchandise from Kmart, 6077 S. Packard Ave. in Cudahy, including three $12 bras, an $8 tank top, and four $2 candy bars.
· Thirty-five kinds of medicine were reported stolen from a bag after the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office oversaw a moving company evicting a woman from an apartment in the 3600 block of East Edgerton Avenue between 8 a.m. and 11 p.m. Aug. 5.
· Two men stole 44 bottles of body wash, collectively worth $167, from Family Dollar, 5656 S. Packard Ave., about 12:30 p.m. Aug. 7. One man distracted the teller by asking to be shown an item in the back of the store, while the other man took the merchandise and left the store.
· A 23-year-old Cudahy woman was cited for disorderly conduct after yelling at a woman and striking that woman with her purse in the 5400 block of South Nicholson Avenue about 9 p.m. July 28. The woman was not found, but the citation was left at her home Aug. 4.
· A 25-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for battery in the 3700 block of East Somers Avenue on Aug. 2, after she admitted to having attacked a 33-year-old West Allis woman in the 5100 block of South Packard Avenue about 7 p.m. Aug. 1.
· A 32-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting an officer in the 4800 block of South Packard Avenue about midnight Aug. 10, after he confronted an 18-year-old Cudahy woman and a 55-year-old Cudahy woman walking a dog, eventually grabbing the younger woman and attempting to pull her toward him. When police arrived, the man claimed that a group of men had stolen his laptop computer, despite the laptop being in a bag over his shoulder. He then threatened the officers. After the man was taken to the station, police noticed a bulge in the man's sock and found a bag containing marijuana. During the arrest, the man continued to threaten officers and bystanders, saying multiple times that he would get a gun and shoot the officers and "shoot up Cudahy like it's a Sikh temple."
· A 16-year-old Cudahy boy was arrested for possession of marijuana and related paraphernalia after he and two 16-year-old South Milwaukee boys were found in a garage in the 2500 block of East Dale Avenue about 8:30 p.m. July 23. Police found two grams of marijuana, a pile and cigars and paraphernalia, which the Cudahy boy admitted were his. The two South Milwaukee boys were temporarily detained but not cited.
· A 23-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for drunken driving in the 5700 block of South Packard Avenue about 1 a.m. Aug. 2. The man was pulled over after he drove through a taped-off entrance to the Pick 'n Save parking lot, 5851 S. Packard Ave., and pulled over two metal "do not enter" signs in the process. His blood-alcohol content of 0.21.
· A 42-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving in the 2800 block of East Layton Avenue about 2:30 a.m. Aug. 4, after he was pulled over for speeding. His BAC was 0.17. In addition, he was cited for drug possession after police found a gram of marijuana in his car.
· A car window was smashed out at McDonald's, 6163 S. Packard Ave., between 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Aug. 4. Damage is estimated at $250.
· Graffiti was found on a stop sign in the 4500 block of South Packard Avenue about 9 a.m. Aug. 8. The indiscernible writing in blue ink will cost about $5 to remove.
· A $500 window was found damaged at a residence in the 4900 block of South Packard Avenue about 10 a.m. Aug. 9. There were two small holes in the glass. One hole had been noticed over a month earlier, but a second hole, which had caused cracks in the glass, could have been made anytime in the preceding week.
· A 55-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for disorderly conduct in the emergency room at St. Luke's South Shore hospital, 5900 S. Lake Drive, about 4:30 p.m. July 21, after he drunkenly resisted treatment from medical staff, threatened staff and police, knocked over a large metal table and urinated on the floor of the treatment room.
· Three Cudahy men, 19, 21 and 21, were arrested for disorderly conduct outside of a home in the 3000 block of East Adams Avenue about 8:30 p.m. July 22, after the men confronted a resident outside her home.
· A 37-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for disorderly conduct and damage to property at his residence in the 3600 block of East Munkwitz Avenue about 2:30 a.m. July 27, after he kicked in the door to his own apartment, causing $200 in damage, and had a loud argument with his wife, prompting her to leave the apartment with their children for the night. The man was belligerent with officers, and threatened to find an officer's residence and harm him and his family. He was then given a second citation for disorderly conduct.
· An old prescription pad from a doctor at the Medical College of Wisconsin was used to get 180 pain pills from Walgreen's, 6241 S. Packard Ave., July 30.
· Cudahy Police responded to one incident of domestic violence between Aug. 4 and Aug. 11.
· A stolen car was found in the 4200 block of South Kirkwood Avenue about 11 a.m. Aug. 1. The car, a 1993 Honda Accord valued at $500, had been stolen from the 4100 block of South Lake Drive, and was found before the owner realized it was missing. A stereo system and a roof bike rack were removed from the vehicle.
· Two grills, cookware and eight folding lawn chairs were stolen from the yard and a patio at an apartment building in the 3500 block of Tesch Avenue between 10 a.m. and noon Aug. 4. The incident was not reported until Aug. 6. The items were collectively valued at $220.
· A 23-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for marijuana possession in the parking lot at 4565 S. Whitnall Ave. about 8 p.m. Aug. 3, after he backed his car into another car, parked and began smoking marijuana. The man had a total of 1.7 grams of marijuana in leaf-form and rolled into cigarettes. In addition to being cited for possession of marijuana, the man was also cited for failing to notify police of an accident, driving with a suspended license and driving with suspended registration.
· A fight broke out between two men at Bottoms Up Tavern, 500 Madison Ave., about 1 a.m. Aug. 4, resulting in the aggressor, a 69-year-old South Milwaukee man, walking away with a bloody nose. Neither the bartender nor either of the parties involved wanted to press charges, and no citations were issued.
· A television, jewelry, a camera and a camcorder were among the items taken from a home in the 1700 block of Monroe Avenue between 9:30 and 11:30 a.m. Aug. 4. Loss is estimated at $3,600. A side door was pried open to gain entry.
· A residence was broken into in the 1500 block of Fairview Avenue between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Aug. 5. The home's back door was kicked in.
· Soda, candy bars and cigarettes were stolen from the BP gas station garage, 2318 10th Ave., either late Aug. 4 or early Aug 5. The door's windows were broken, and paint was dumped on the floor and sprayed on the walls.
· An air compressor, an air ratchet and two impact guns were reported stolen from a residential garage in the 400 block of North Chicago Avenue on Aug. 11. The burglary could have taken place any time between July 4 and July 29. Loss is estimated at $1,075.
· A bag of items was stolen from a car at Grant Park, 100 Hawthorne Ave., about 10:30 p.m. Aug. 3. The car's window was smashed. Loss and damage are estimated at $615.
· A resident of Crest House, 3829 S. Chicago Ave., reported that about $200 had been taken out of his pocket during the night of Aug. 4 or the early morning of Aug. 5.
· A 1997 Honda Accord was reported stolen from a parking lot in the 500 block of Southtowne Drive about 11 a.m. Aug 5. The car was recovered undamaged in the 1500 block of 14th Street in Milwaukee on Aug. 9. The same car had been stolen two weeks earlier in Greendale and recovered in West Allis.
· A wallet was reported stolen from a parked car in the Seven Bridges area of Grant Park, 100 Hawthorne Ave., about 6 p.m. Aug. 5. The victim reported that her debit card had been used before she could cancel it, and that one of the doors may have been left unlocked. No damage was reported to the car.
· About $500 worth of ice cream was stolen from a delivery truck while it was parked in the 3400 block of South Chicago Avenue between Aug. 7 and 1 p.m. Aug 9.
· A purse, wallet, camera, identification card and medication were stolen from a truck in the Seven Bridges parking lot at Grant Park, 100 Hawthorne Ave., before 3 p.m. Aug. 9. The truck's window was smashed, resulting in $300 damage.
· A 36-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for resisting an officer, possession of a controlled substance and possession with the intent to deliver in the 1200 block of Milwaukee Avenue about 6 p.m. Aug. 9. The man threw away two bottles of prescription pain pills, tried to run multiple times while police were taking him into custody, and was shocked with a stun gun during one escape attempt. In addition, he was arrested on a Waukesha County Sheriff's Department warrant.
· A 40-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving near 18th and Rawson avenues about 2:30 a.m. Aug. 4. His BAC was 0.17.
· A 39-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, fourth offense, and bail jumping near Chicago and Rawson avenues about 5 p.m. Aug. 8. A passing driver reported seeing the man fall down as he pulled out of a driveway on his motorcycle. The man admitted that he had driven the motorcycle after drinking and taking some kind of pills. A sample of the man's blood was taken, but test results were not available at the time of the report.
· An 18-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for driving while under the influence of marijuana in the 1400 block of Milwaukee Avenue about 2 a.m. Aug. 9, after he was stopped for driving at night without his headlights on. The man at first denied having smoked marijuana, but then failed sobriety tests and admitted to having smoked a bowl with friends three hours earlier. A small pipe with burnt residue was found in his car.
· South Milwaukee police responded to seven domestic violence reports between Aug. 3 and Aug. 11.
· A row of bushes caught fire in front of Rawson School, 1410 Rawson Ave., about 10 a.m. Aug. 5. The fire caused a lot of smoke but was out before the South Milwaukee Fire Department arrived. The school was not damaged.
· A lit, floating Chinese lantern got stuck in power lines and caused a small fire that quickly fizzled itself out near Elm Avenue and Willow Lane about 10 p.m. Aug. 5. The 37-year-old South Milwaukee man who lit the lantern said he did it in memory of a deceased friend. The fire caused no damage, and the man was not cited.
· A garage caught fire in the 900 block of Manitoba Avenue about 7 p.m. Aug. 8. Two units of the South Milwaukee Fire Department were dispatched and had the fire under control within five minutes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: April 23, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 16, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 9, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 2, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 26, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 12, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 29, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 22, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 15, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 1, 2015
- South Shore police report: Dec. 25, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 11, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 4, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 20, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 13, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 6, 2014