· A 19-year-old Oak Creek man was arrested in Oak Creek, around 10 p.m. July 30, as a suspect in the burglary of residence of his mother and brother in the 3900 block of East Underwood Avenue that had taken place between 4 and 9 p.m. July 29. The man, who had previously stolen $27,000 in jewelry from the same residence and was seen in the area that day, admitted to entering his brother's unlocked window and stealing 13 video games, collectively valued at $2,080, a $50 video game controller and other miscellaneous items from his brother's room. All of these items were recovered. The man said that he stole these items so that he could sell them and get money for drugs.
· A 35-year-old Milwaukee man and a 27-year-old Racine woman were arrested at a residence in the 5800 block of South Quality Avenue around 3:30 p.m. July 31, after the man was seen burglarizing the residence of his mother and stepfather in the 6200 block of South Swift Avenue around 3 p.m. July 30. The man broke the window on the front door of his parents' front window, valued at $100, and stole a $500 electronic tablet, a $150 drill set, two $400 rings, two $50 rings and $5 in change. The neighbor that saw the break-in did not report the incident because he believed the man still lived there and was only locked out. After being arrested, the man admitted to selling one ring for $60, the tablet for $80 and the drill set for $50, and using the change to buy cigarettes. One $400 ring and the two $50 rings were recovered. They man was charged with burglary and the woman was charged with possession of stolen property. Both were also involved in a theft of $600 discussed in a later case. They both admitted that the robbery and theft were to get money for drugs.
· A 35-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for attempted theft at a residence in the 3600 block of East Layton Avenue around 3 p.m. June 2, after he attempted to steal prescription medication from a man he was helping to move out of an apartment there.
· A 15-year-old Cudahy boy was arrested for theft at his residence in the 3700 block of East Carpenter Avenue around 8 p.m. July 30, after surveillance footage showed him stealing a locked bike at the Cudahy Family Library, 3500 E. Library Drive, around 11 a.m. July 25. The boy went missing for three day, staying at various residences in Milwaukee in order to avoid police. The bike, valued at $200, was stolen from the boy when he left it unattended near Fifth and Beecher streets in Milwaukee.
· A 35-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft at a residence in the 5800 block of South Quality Avenue around 3:30 p.m. July 31, after he stole $600 in cash from two men for whom he agreed to sell cellphones. The man and his girlfriend, a 27-year-old Racine woman, worked on a scam on the two men, saying that they could buy cellphones at a discounted price. The four went to Walmart on July 25, but the man took the $600 and left the store without buying the phones. The woman was also able to escape from the two victims. The incident came to police attention after a third man, a 21-year-old from Cudahy, called police and falsely reported that the two victims had showed up outside of the residence on South Quality Avenue where they thought the scammers lived, and were threatening to shoot up the house. The victims, visiting from Michigan, reported that they went to the house and were threatened. Only the man was charged in this case, but both the man and woman were charged in a previous burglary case.
· A 31-year-old Cudahy woman was arrested for aggravated assault at her residence in the 4500 block of South Nicholson Avenue around 5:30 p.m. July 29, after she brandished a knife at and nonseriously wounded her 32-year-old boyfriend who lives in the same residence. The couple had been arguing for most of the day about who had been cheating on whom, during which the woman admitted to being the primary aggressor. The stabbing occurred when the woman picked up a kitchen knife, swung it at the man and demanded to know with whom he was cheating on her. The man then grabbed her wrists to disarm her and, in doing so, received a small cut to his left hand that did not require medical attention.
· A 20-year-old Franklin woman was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, during a traffic stop for speeding in the 5200 block of South Packard Avenue around 3 a.m. July 18. She had a blood alcohol content of 0.15 and she was also cited for speeding. Additionally, her passenger, a 25-year-old West Allis man, was cited for having an open can of beer in the car.
· An 18-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, after he was pulled over for suspended registration plate in the 5400 block of South Packard Avenue around 2:30 a.m. July 24. The man had a BAC of 0.05, and he was also cited for driving without a valid driver's license, suspended registration and not having proof of insurance. A 16-year-old Milwaukee boy in the passenger seat was also cited for underage consumption of alcohol, with a BAC of 0.05.
· A 28-year-old South Milwaukee woman was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, during a traffic stop in the 5900 block of South Packard Avenue around 3:30 a.m. July 27, after she was seen swerving across lane dividers on either side of her. She had a BAC of 0.17. She was also cited for unsafe lane deviation and driving without insurance.
· A 31-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for drunken driving, sixth offense, outside of Pony's Tavren, 5132 S. Packard Ave., around 1:30 a.m. Aug. 1 after she nearly hit another car and two pedestrians and got into a fight with another woman. One of the victims was a bartender at Pony's Tavern who had closed the bar early forcing the woman to leave. When the bartender exited the bar and attempted to leave, the woman drove her car at the bartender's car and forced the bartender to swerve out of the way to avoid a collision. The woman then backed up, drove the wrong way down East Pulaski Avenue, swerved around rapidly, and nearly hit two pedestrians on the sidewalk in her efforts to park her car. She then got out of her car, got into a physical fight with another woman outside of the bar. She then drove further down the block, parked and left her door open. Although the woman's official BAC was not yet available, a preliminary breath test registered her BAC as 0.156.
· A 31-year-old Greenfield man was arrested for disorderly conduct around 2 a.m. July 23 after he drunkenly shouted racial slurs in a residential parking lot in the 3100 block of East Adams Avenue and got into a fight with two men living in a nearby apartment building who were offended by the slurs. The arrested man told police that he was waiting for a ride, but thought he was in Greenfield. After the arrest, police also charged the man with possession of narcotic drugs after they found on him an oxycodone pill and five pill pieces he had not been prescribed, as well as whole and partial pills of alprazolam and d-amphetamine that had been prescribed to him.
· A 20-speed bike and miscellaneous bike tools, collectively valued at $1,200, were stolen from the driveway of a residence in the 3800 block of South Lake Drive sometime between midnight July 25 and midnight July 26.
· Forty-five dollars in cash was reported stolen out of a man's wallet while he was working at Caterpillar, 1100 Milwaukee Ave., around 4 p.m. July 26.
· A T-Mobile work truck was broken into by prying open the driver's side door and items collectively valued at $15,004 were stolen from inside while the truck was parked in the 700 block of Milwaukee Avenue between 8 p.m. July 26 and 6 p.m July 27.
· A $25 purse containing a driver's license and a credit card was stolen from the Lion's Fest grounds, 16th and Rawson avenues sometime between 5:15 and 6:15 p.m. July 27.
· A $200 electronic tablet was stolen from the yard of a residence in the 600 block of Manistique Avenue sometime on July 28.
· A purple golf cart valued at $1,000 was reported stolen at 16th and Manitoba avenues around noon July 28.
· A 13-year-old Milwaukee girl was cited for retail theft after she and her cousin, an 8-year-old South Milwaukee girl, attempted to steal merchandise from Pick 'n Save, 2931 S. Chicago Ave., around 2:30 p.m. July 28.
· Unidentified merchandise was stolen from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., around 1 a.m. July 29 by a man spotted with boxes tucked in his jacket who set off alarms while leaving.
· A 32-year-old Milwaukee man and a 17-year-old Milwaukee boy were arrested for retail theft at Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., around 6 p.m. July 29 after they attempted to steal $67 of merchandise.
· A 17-year-old South Milwaukee boy was caught trying to steal cigarettes from Speedway, 3102 S. Chicago Ave., around 12:30 p.m. July 31 after he attempted to grab a pack by reaching over the counter while the attendant was in the back room. Although the boy was temporarily detained at the store, the store did not press charges and he was released at the scene.
· A $40 bike was reported stolen near 13th and Minnesota avenues around 3:30 p.m. July 31.
· A car was reported entered and items stolen from inside while it was parked in Grant Park, 100 Hawthorne Ave., around 8:30 p.m. July 31.
· A $100 bike was reported stolen from outside of Dairy Queen, 1301 N. Chicago Ave., around 9 p.m. July 31.
· An air conditioner was reported stolen from the window of a residence in the 500 block of Manistique Avenue around 3 p.m. Aug. 2.
· A 50-year-old Oak Creek man was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, at 14th and Monroe avenues around 2 a.m. July 27 after police saw him make two wide turns and swerve across a center line. The man's BAC is not yet available.
· A 24-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, in the 2300 block of Ninth Avenue around around 2:30 a.m. July 27 after he was stopped for speeding and swerving. He had a BAC of 0.21.
· A 29-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, at Eighth and Milwaukee avenues around 1:30 a.m. July 28 after he made a wide right turn and nearly hit a police squad car. The man had a BAC of 0.14, and his 5- and 8-year-old daughters were in the car at the time.
· A 42-year-old Franklin man was arrested for drunken driving, first offense at 15th and Milwaukee avenues around 2 a.m. July 28 after he was stopped for failing to stop at a flashing red light until he was in the middle of the intersection. He had a BAC of 0.10.
· A 60-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, after police found him in his minivan parked in the front lawn of South Milwaukee City Hall, 2424 15th Ave., passed out with the engine running and music blaring, around 2 a.m. Aug. 2. When an officer asked him to turn the volume of his music down, he stared blankly and turned the volume up louder. Eventually, responding officers turned the car off for him. helped him out and seated him on the lawn, while he was begging them not to beat him. The man requested medical attention, and he was taken by an ambulance to St. Luke's South Shore Hospital without giving a breath sample. At the hospital, the man gave false identities, including Abraham Lincoln, to medical staff. The results of the man's blood test are not yet available.
· A car was reported vandalized with about $700 in damages while it was parked near 14th and Missouri avenues around 10:30 p.m. July 27 after the owner found it with all four tires flat, the passenger-side mirror broken off and scratches on the passenger-side door.
· A car was vandalized while it was parked in the 2800 block of South Chicago Avenue sometime between 11 p.m. July 28 and 6 a.m. July 29. The tires on the driver's side were found slashed with barbeque sauce poured over the hood, roof and side of the car.
· Solar lights from a vacant residence in the 2500 block of Eighth Avenue were found smashed in the alley behind the house around 8:30 a.m. July 29.
· A car was found damaged in the 300 block of Southtowne Place around 8 p.m. July 31.
· A glass door to a residence in the 1200 block of Milwaukee Avenue was smashed in a suspected attempt to enter the home sometime between 9 p.m. Aug.1 and 8 a.m. Aug. 2.
· A 26-year-old Franklin man was threatened at knifepoint by two men outside of Johnny Mo's Bar & Grill, 1301 Milwaukee Ave., around 1:30 a.m. July 28. The two men thought that the victim and two other Oak Creek men outside the bar were staring at them, confronted the group and demanded an apology. One of the aggressors pulled out a knife and the primary victim kicked and pushed at the men until one of the other victims called police and the aggressors fled in a gold sedan.
· A 42-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for disorderly conduct at the Lion's Fest grounds near 16th and Manitoba avenues around 7:30 p.m. July 28 after he was kicked out of Lion's Fest and had re-entered less than 40 minutes later. The man asked to be taken to the hospital for an injury to his leg suffered during the arrest, once he was at the station. The man told responding medical technicians that he had consumed 18 beers and a shot of whiskey that day.
· An 18-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for obstructing an officer at an apartment in the 200 block of Southtowne Drive around midnight July 29 after he held a deadbolt closed while police and the building manager were trying to enter the apartment to investigate a domestic violence complaint. Although the 20-year-old South Milwaukee woman in the apartment was uninjured, police arrested three South Milwaukee men, 20, 20 and 18 years old, and a 16-year-old Milwaukee boy for underage consumption of alcohol.
· A 26-year-old St. Francis man was arrested for disorderly conduct after he drunkenly, profanely and belligerently tried to start a fight at a residence in the 1200 block of Menomonee Avenue, even with police after they arrived, around 9 p.m. Aug. 1. The man became unresponsive to verbal stimuli while being taken to the police station, and officers pulled him out of the car and laid him on his side where he began to convulse. He was taken by ambulance to St. Luke's South Shore Hospital, where a blood draw indicated his BAC was 0.531.
· A 41-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for disorderly conduct at Jack of All Trades, 2616 Fifth Ave., around 10 p.m. Aug 1 after he was drunkenly loud, profane and belligerent inside the bar and was uncooperative with officers.
· A 35-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for disorderly conduct after he was found fallen down and lying on the sidewalk in the 2200 block of 10th Avenue around 10 p.m. Aug. 2.
· South Milwaukee police responded to 14 incidents of domestic violence between July 27 and August 2.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: April 16, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 9, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 2, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 26, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 12, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 29, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 22, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 15, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 1, 2015
- South Shore police report: Dec. 25, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 11, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 4, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 20, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 13, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 6, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 30, 2014