Cudahy - A Cudahy man was charged with first degree reckless homicide for the stabbing death of his mother's boyfriend three days before Christmas.
Daymeon Lee McCune, 25, was charged with first degree reckless homicide by the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office in the stabbing death of Brian Zurfluh, who died from his injuries at the Milwaukee Regional Trauma Center.
According to the criminal complaint:
On Dec. 22, the Cudahy Police Department responded to a report of a stabbing at an apartment on the 3700 block of East Layton Avenue. Zurfluh told police he suffered a stab wound to the left upper back by an intruder who entered their home, tipped over a table, struck him the face and stabbed him the back. Zurfluh told police he did not know who the intruder was.
He was transported to Milwaukee Regional Trauma Center where he died during surgery. He suffered a collapsed lung and punctured heart. He was
St. Francis police found McCune walking through the Sacred Heart Cemetery, 3635 S. Kinnickinnic Ave. in St. Francis, intoxicated and with blood on his arm. He and his mother, Christine McCune, were taken to the Cudahy Police Department for questioning. Daymeon McCune said he grabbed a knife from the counter and stabbed Zurfluh because Zurfluh looked like he was going to attack him.
Christine McCune said she was awakened after midnight by her son yelling when he came into the apartment, which she shared with him and Zurfluh. She said her boyfriend said he was going to grab a bat, a struggle ensued and Zurfluh was stabbed.
Daymeon McCune faces a maximum of 60 years in prison.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- South Shore police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Sept. 24, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Sept. 17, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Sept. 10, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Sept. 3, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 30, 2015 issue (1)