Debbie Hammernik of Oak Creek was chosen from 10 contestants to become Miss St. Francis 2009 during the pageant held at St. Thomas More High School on April 18. Tonya Popowski of Cudahy was first runner up, and Stephanie Obst of St. Francis was second runner up.
Contestants competed in interview, swimsuit, talent and evening gown.
Hammernik will represent St. Francis in the Miss Wisconsin pageant.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Photo gallery: NOW photos of the week: January 23
- Photo gallery: NOW photos of the week: January 16
- Photo gallery: NOW photos of the week: January 9
- Photo Gallery: Girls Basketball: Cudahy vs. Wauwatosa East
- Photo gallery: NOW photos of the week: December 26
- Photo Gallery: 2014 NOW sports photos of the year
- Photo Gallery: 2014 NOW news photos of the year
- Photo gallery: NOW photos of the week: December 19
- Photo gallery: How the Milwaukee suburbs are celebrating Christmas in 2014
- Cudahy Community