Hales Corners firefighter Jeremiah Bradley hauls a hose reel up a five-story tower Sept. 12.
Paul Davis Restoration sponsored the Midwest regional competition of the Firefighter Combat Challenge on Sept. 12 and 13 at Konkel Park in Greenfield. Before the firefighters took to the course, teams of employees from companies and government competed in the corporate challenge.
The competition consisted of five parts:
• carry a "hotel pack" of hose to the top of a five-story tower
• hoist a reel of hose up five stories using a rope
• use a sledge hammer to move an I-beam to simulate using an axe
• run to the end of a course to retreive a charged fire hose, pull the hose to the other end of the course and hit a target with the hose
• drag a 175-pound mannequin more than 100 feet to the finish line
Participants competed in relay teams, as duos and as individuals. Firefighters from around the country competed with local teams. The South Milwaukee and Oak Creek relay teams qualified for a chance to compete in the national championships.