I am an Ultra-Conservative, Alpha-Male, True Authentic Leader, Type "C" Personality, who is very active in my community; whether it is donating time, clothes or money for Project Concern or going to Common Council meetings and voicing my opinions. As a blogger, I intend to provide a different viewpoint "The way I see it!" on various world, national and local issues with a few helpful tips & tidbits sprinkled in.
Day 5 – Still No response from the Mayor
Amazing, the leader (in name only) votes something down, is silent, and will probably gets away with it. Hey, only in Cudahy!
It was requested that I do a monthly review of the most looked at topics I wrote. I will run down the top 10 and give a small overview of each.
Some of these have an unfair advantage because they are older and have had the chance to be looked at longer. By far, the shorter time Wal-Mart articles have more people view them quicker. Many people still want to hear about Wal-Mart from both sides of the issue.
People keep emailing me offline in private and that is good. I would like people to start making comments. The South Shore viewers don’t seem to want to publicly comment, by how many private emails I get vs. the comments feature used.
- Turf War – What to Build? –Yes it is a Wal-Mart post and I talked about TIFs and how the Mayor doesn’t want the Wal-Mart and how this chance may not come again. I also included a letter from a reader that they sent to the Mayor and my responses to what the Mayor replied.
- Real Voter Intimidation – I talked about how during the 2006 election my neighbor was intimidated and took down his sign in fear of retribution from his union steward.
- ** Adults Only ** – The title maybe misleading to a few, but the subject matter was how adult content is on the web and we must watch what our children do on the web.
- One Must Look Back To See The Future – Here I wrote about that sometimes one must look back to see the future and how Mayor McCue had some foreshadowing in his campaign pledge about Wal-Mart. Cudahy, as is the nation, is in a recession and how in a downturn we should not pass up the opportunity of this Wal-Mart.
- History Repeating Page Two –I wrote about the info a reader emailed me about a Cudahy School closing and Wal-Mart spin.
- Plan Commission – I wrote about what happen at the last Plan Commission meeting about Cudahy Station. How some members didn’t even understand what they were to be voting on that night.
- Proposal On The Table – I wrote about what is the Wal-Mart proposal, TIF, and the Plan Commission.
- Teen’s Common Sense Sometimes Lacking – I wrote about a report I came across on how Florida legislators are encouraging a review of their "abstinence only" sex education programs after a recent survey completed by Florida teens returned some curious results of not understanding things like drinking bleach prevents HIV. By now way am I attacking "abstinence only", just bring to light what they found.
- Flamethrower –I wrote about what a person said to me about how I deal with the Mayor and if I hate him. I may be ruffling feathers and again once you write it, and sign it, you can’t hide from it something I wish the city would do.
- Keeping Us In The “Noir” – Keeping Us In The "Noir" is about how we are in the dark (Noir) on may things in government and how with open records laws, the information should be public and easily obtainable. I wrote about how many of these very things should be on the web at a mouse click away from you and I to read and know.
I hope everyone enjoys reading my posts. You may not agree with me, but maybe what I have to say will shed some new light on matters and make you pause. I am not a reporter, but a commentator. I do not get paid, work for the city, or have a secret agenda. I gain nothing personally from doing this blog other than the satisfaction of being able to put “The Way I See It” out for others to read. I do it because I think it needs to be said. I try to be fair and when I see something I don’t agree with, I let it be known.
I may use sarcasm at the expense of others that don’t agree with my views or me, but it is not personal just on the material.
Many people have said I am hard on the Mayor in his first year and I write blogs that don’t show his job performance in a good light. When I see something that he does great, I will blog on it.
Hey, I am not the only one blogging on the Cudahy Now website, Greg Janisch was McCue’s campaign Treasurer and he can blog. Just because I am critical of the Mayor’s job performance, does not make me a person who is attacking Ryan McCue personally nor am I character assassinating him! This is about his job performance period! We all have freedom of speech and a voice; I just choose to use mine.
Here is what a reader, Dave Taylor, said in a comment:
“Randy, there's a lot of people in Cudahy who back you up, even if they are too scared to admit it. We should all be thankful that someone is willing to take a stand for what is right for our city; like you said, "...just want Cudahy to be better", too bad there are egos that get in the way of the good the city could do. There isn't any reason to be shameful of an opinion, that's what makes us human (not robots) and why our country is a great one!
Sometimes you may feel your comments fall of deaf ears, but the truth is that people ARE reading and they ARE listening. We rally behind you and hopefully, you are stronger in your plight for a better Cudahy because of it. You are a voice that matters! You are looking out for the betterment of Cudahy! You are taking a stand, unafraid of whose feathers you ruffle! Those of us who stand behind will continue to support you, even if the “powers that be” wish we weren’t listening!
Keep up the good work…your supporters need your voice!”
Someone has talked to my superiors at mycommunitynow.com to have my work censored or shutdown. The claim was I lie, spread rumors, and have false and inaccurate information. I try to source my work and some comes from people in government that do not like the direction we are headed or people close to a situation that feel some injudicious is being done. I have always believed in correct information and not disinformation. If something is truly wrong let me know and I will correct it, but don’t be all that upset and try and shut me down because you don’t LIKE what I am saying! People if what I am hearing from those inside is true, some scary things are coming or happening. Hypothetically, it might even be something like a change of salary ordinances for health insurances that is not fair and done evenly. Should it not be changed for all and not leave out anyone? Fair is fair. That is a hypothetical, but watch it might just come true.
I will not stop until the misinformation, disinformation and no information are brought to light. More and more people are emailing me with things. These are very reliable people and trustworthy people. Together we can all make a difference. I will NEVER sell you out and I have been asked who is telling me things. The wheel of information doesn’t need to stop spinning just because it might ruffle some feathers.