I am an Ultra-Conservative, Alpha-Male, True Authentic Leader, Type "C" Personality, who is very active in my community; whether it is donating time, clothes or money for Project Concern or going to Common Council meetings and voicing my opinions. As a blogger, I intend to provide a different viewpoint "The way I see it!" on various world, national and local issues with a few helpful tips & tidbits sprinkled in.
Headline - Big-name business, image revamp needed
“Cudahy's downtown master plan should focus on attracting shoppers and visitors by improving the city's image and wooing big-name destinations, local business owners said at a recent Cudahy Chamber of Commerce luncheon.”
We need to focus on attracting shoppers and big-name destinations – DO YOU ALL SEE THAT???
They don’t name Wal-Mart by name, but -
Who can do that more than Wal-Mart? NOBODY!!!
I hope our city officials listen to OUR LOCAL BUSINESS OWNERS and stop holding up Wal-Mart. Mr. Smith, Mr. Pavlic and Mayor McCue, the handwriting is on the wall. Start listening to what the people and businesses want and put Cudahy's needs ahead of your own ideals. Your perceptions of Wal-Mart were wrong, so accept it and move this along. I implore you to institute the corrections needed to make this Cudahy Station with Wal-Mart a reality.
Chose what you want to hear and you will miss the truth
Reasons for Cudahy Wal-Mart
- Wal-Mart typically saves the shoppers over the course of a year $2,500 (this is big if on a fixed income, don’t forget them)
- Wal-Mart has never closed a Supercenter
- Wal-Mart as the anchor of the new retail center would be beneficial for the long-term survivability of the retail center since they are committed to success
- Prices at the local grocery stores are reduced 15-20%. Look at what Pick N’ Spend is doing because Woodmen’s is coming to Oak Creek
- Wal-Mart does not destroy the local stores
- Wal-Mart gives back to the community
- Crime will not go up more than any other retailer
- This Wal-Mart will improve the standard of living
- Wal-Mart is for real, it’s here now
- Wal-Mart did not kill the Mom & Pop stores
- Wal-Mart sells the same products as other stores just cheaper, including the Chinese Crap
- Wal-Mart will increase revenue more than a rusting empty lot
- Wal-Mart will provide new jobs – Some to the kids that have nothing to do beside getting in trouble
- R & R Sporting Goods is for the Wal-Mart, what does that say?
- Wal-Mart’s long-term impact is more positive than negative
- With the added revenue from Wal-Mart, Cudahy can spend more to improving our image
- Wal-Mart is an asset for the citizens, maybe not so much for the tourists
- Wal-Mart will increase traffic which is a good thing for the businesses and the Police writing tickets (That is revenue too)
- Wal-Mart and Cudahy Station are not the only projects in the TIF
- This Wal-Mart will keep Cudahy money in Cudahy
- People from Cudahy, who work in Cudahy could shop before work, at lunch, and after work
- Having Wal-Mart here is a convenience
- This Wal-Mart is be eco-friendly
- It is good enough for the other Milwaukee suburbs that have higher median incomes
- Trust me, if Cudahy doesn’t snap it up South Milwaukee, Oak Creek, or St. Francis will. Don’t let the people living there posting here kid you. Those cities know a gift. A true gift, not a Trojan Horse gift either.
- Traditions come and go. Going to Wal-Mart on Saturday will become a tradition
- The Wal-Mart image is in harmony with Cudahy. Both are for the working class. Anyone tells us otherwise, they must be the socialites.
- Wal-Mart doesn’t make people shop there. If you don’t like it, don’t go! But people do like to shop at Wal-Mart, 89% of Americans do, even in Wisconsin
Please look back at my Wal-Mart What If post and the comments by Joe Henika. His comments are very good.