I am an Ultra-Conservative, Alpha-Male, True Authentic Leader, Type "C" Personality, who is very active in my community; whether it is donating time, clothes or money for Project Concern or going to Common Council meetings and voicing my opinions. As a blogger, I intend to provide a different viewpoint "The way I see it!" on various world, national and local issues with a few helpful tips & tidbits sprinkled in.
Further below is the meeting agenda. As you all look at, notice Mayor Day is going to give updates to Packard Plaza. So do you think if I didn’t make this a big point and it wasn’t an election year he would be talking about it?
Now, 2.75 years into his term, now he wants to talk about it. Amazing that the competition is finally getting him going.
Amazing though, that it takes some competition and blog pressure to get something done, or attempted to by Mayor Day.
(Whoa horsey – you just had two fragmented sentences above – whoa!)
What would he do if he wins and the pressure goes away, sit around again?
I think so.
Supervisor Inspection Ordinance going to Personnel and the Council on Tuesday
I wonder about this ordinance for a supervisor to review plumbing inspection and plan submittal. I wonder WHAT WENT WRONG or happen, to bring this up.
Why do we need an Ordinance specific to this? To the best of my knowledge, we don't have Supervisor Ordinances for Police, Fire, Public Works, Engineering, etc. Something went wrong to bring this up.
See folks, even when the agenda is in the public, if no one explains to us what is going, how will we know?
Hiding stuff in plain sight by not explaining. Where are the alderpersons to explain to their constituents? Has anyone heard from their alderperson about these things?
It is the how, why, where, and when? If we don’t ask questions and stay silent they think everything is just A-Okay. Is it?
Folks, did you see that the finance committee is meeting to discuss a Federal Civil Suit by Smithfield foods, Patrick Cudahy’s parent company? This is speculation - If our largest employer is going after the city that should be front page news, right?
Any word on that one?
Yes, yes, I know it is in closed session! However, if you didn’t check the agenda would you know? Should you care? Does it matter to you?
Certification of the open meeting law requirements and approval of the agenda.
Call of roll and announcement of presence or absence of a quorum.
Pledge of Allegiance
Moment of Silence
PUBLIC HEARINGS & PRESENTATIONS
*PUBLIC COMMENT (agenda items only).
CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS
(Items under the consent agenda may be acted upon by one motion. If in the judgment of any Council Member, a consent agenda item needs discussion, the item can be removed and discussed under “Items Removed from Consent Agenda”).
- Minutes of the Regular meeting of the Common Council held January 15, 2013.
- Minutes of the Personnel Committee held January 15, 2013.
- Minutes of the meeting of the Board of Public Works held December 10, 2012.
- Minutes of the Board of Health held October 9, 2012.
ITEMS REMOVED FROM CONSENT AGENDA
NEW BUSINESS (including items for future agenda consideration or Committee Assignment)
1. Discussion and necessary action regarding appointment of Nick Gates of 3875 E. Pulaski Avenue to the Design Review Board for a 3 year term ending 09/15/15.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER OR ELECTED OFFICIAL UPDATES
Mayor Day: Update on
Alderman Otto: Snow appeal bill ordinance.
INTRODUCTION/PASSAGE OF ORDINANCES & RESOLUTIONS
PASSAGE OF ORDINANCES
1. Discussion and appropriate action regarding Ordinance No. 2382 entitled “An Ordinance Providing for a Supervisor to Oversee All Plumbing Inspections and Plumbing Plan Reviews in the City of
PASSAGE OR RESOLUTIONS
1. Discussion and appropriate action regarding Resolution No. 6762 entitled “Initial Resolution Authorizing the Issuance of Redevelopment Lease Revenue Refunding Bonds of the Community Development Authority of the City of
*PUBLIC COMMENT (on any subject items).
*Public Comment Notice: Each speaker will be limited to one three minute presentation for each "Public Comment" or "Hearing from
Upon reasonable notice, a good faith effort will be made to accommodate the needs of individuals to participate in public meetings, who have a qualifying disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Request should be made as far in advance as possible, preferably a minimum of 48 hours. For additional information or to request this service, contact the
February 1, 2013
There will be a Finance Committee Meeting on
Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 6:45 PM
at the Cudahy Municipal Building, 5050 S. Lake Drive, Cudahy, WI.
Call to order and roll call
Statement of Public Notice
- Adjourn into closed session per State Statute 19.85 (1)(g) to confer with legal counsel for the governmental body who is rendering oral or written advice concerning strategy to be adopted by the body with respect to litigation in which it is or is likely to become involved.
- Discussion and necessary action regarding federal civil suite filed by Smithfield Foods.
2. Adjourn closed session and reconvene in open session.
3. Necessary action on items discussed in closed session.
Your presence is requested
/s/Mark Otto, Chairman
cc: Mayor, Alderpersons, City Accountant, Comptroller,
Upon reasonable notice, a good faith effort will be made to accommodate the needs of individuals to participate in public meetings who have a qualifying disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Requests should be made as far in advance as possible, preferably a minimum of 48 hours. For additional information, or to request this service, contact the Cudahy City Clerk at 769-2204 (FAX 769-2257). The meeting room is wheelchair accessible from the West entrance on S. Lake Drive.