Here is the list of people running for school board in Cudahy. I received this information via my email request to the school district. I still cannot find this information in the paper yet.
Hopefully these candidates (especially the new ones) will make their voices heard. We want to hear them.
Here is a common experience I went through in grade school, high school, college, and even now in my day-to-day events. This is a common human experience that should be a regular part of every person's life.
There is a task, such as understanding a concept (simple fractions, for example).
- A teacher teaches me the concept. I look at the concept. I think. I try. I don't quite understand.
- I walk away and, depending on the difficulty of what is being taught, I might complain, curse, tell myself that the concept is way beyond my reach.
- I try again. Again, I still don't fully understand.
- I try harder. I turn my head sideways. I close my eyes and walk away again. I may struggle and curse even louder. I come back and if necessary, I ask questions. I focus.
- I understand. Ahh, I get it.
- It feels great!
Does your child, at any point, go through a similar experience at their school? I hope so.