I am an Ultra-Conservative, Alpha-Male, True Authentic Leader, Type "C" Personality, who is very active in my community; whether it is donating time, clothes or money for Project Concern or going to Common Council meetings and voicing my opinions. As a blogger, I intend to provide a different viewpoint "The way I see it!" on various world, national and local issues with a few helpful tips & tidbits sprinkled in.
Here is the audience’s new/continuing Wish List for Scott Walker and the Republicans in Madison. First, the UNFINISHED ITEMS FROM THE PRIOR LIST:
1. Bring back TABOR or some permanent taxpayer bill of rights that caps future property tax increases.
2. End the minimum markup law.
3. Use state influence to try to end all ethanol subsidies. (This is largely a federal issue)
4. Get rid of mandatory emissions testing for Wisconsin autos.
5. Repeal the Planned Parenthood sponsored sex education bill passed by the dems.
6. Eliminate the state income tax on retiree pensions to help keep them in Wisconsin.
7. Freeze the property taxes of retirees to keep retirees here in Wisconsin.
8. Repeal the law that allows the state to kill of Indian team nicknames.
9. End early retirement and double dipping of public employees, so they can no longer live off of a
10. State pension longer than they ever worked on the job, or collect a pension while still working due to double dipping.
11. Change the state law to make MATC and other tech school boards elected positions and accountable to the taxpayers.
12. Eliminate the rule that has Wisconsin taxpayers paying for 2/3 of the cost for all school building projects.
NEW ITEMS TO SEE THE GOP MOVE ON IN THE FUTURE:
13. Expand School Choice statewide.
14. Make Wisconsin a Right-to-Work state.
15. Recall election reform.
16. Legislation that bans lawmakers from fleeing the state to avoid votes and has real consequences.
17. Eliminate the Secretary of State position.
18. Kill off/repeal the bill passed during the Doyle years that requires schools to teach Labor history.
19. Require Drug Testing for all recipients on Public Assistance/Welfare.
20. Revamp the Government Accountability Board to be more impartial or eliminate it completely
21. Pass Loser Pays court reform as Texas did. It will cut down on frivolous lawsuits.
22. Pass a bill requiring state schools to teach the US Constitution, and Bill of Rights in historical context.
23. Pursue the State Sovereignty Resolution. It basically reaffirms that all powers not explicitly given to the Feds remain with the people and the states.
24. Pass Castle Doctrine laws.
25. Require photo ID for Food Share Cards, and reform Food Shares program to limit what items can be purchased with a QUEST card.
26. Pass a resolution reaffirming that the stadium tax will end in 2014.
27. End the state’s “universal fee” on cell phones.
28. Continue to tighten requirements for Badger Care instead of finding reasons to expand it.
29. Pass a law that limits local school boards from bringing back a new school referendum for two years after one has failed, and requires communities to schedule them during regular elections, not just any time they believe they can sneak it past the voters.
30. Medical Malpractice reform. Waive Doctors requirement for carrying extra malpractice insurance if the patient has no insurance coverage.
31. Finish repeal of combined reporting.
32. Repeal the democrat ban on all phosphates in detergents so we can get our dishes clean again. (The problem is most soap companies have changed their formulas to comply with other states and we are stuck with them)
33. End green energy mandates. They are only driving up our energy costs unnecessarily.
34. Repeal the Doyle increase on the top income tax bracket.
35. Look at work requirements for those on public assistance. Have them work on public maintenance and beautification projects.