I am an Ultra-Conservative, Alpha-Male, True Authentic Leader, Type "C" Personality, who is very active in my community; whether it is donating time, clothes or money for Project Concern or going to Common Council meetings and voicing my opinions. As a blogger, I intend to provide a different viewpoint "The way I see it!" on various world, national and local issues with a few helpful tips & tidbits sprinkled in.
AN UPDATE OF WEBER LISTENERS GOP WISH LIST
I asked my mostly conservative listeners to help build the agenda for Governor Scott Walker and the newly elected Republican legislature. Here is the amazingly long wish list. I do not agree with and/or endorse all of these, but here is an update: Republicans in
1. Pass voter ID. (soon)
2. Eliminate same day voter registration. (cannot, due to motor voter laws, but will deal with the fraud associated with it with other changes.
3. Pass conceal carry.(soon)
4. Join the national lawsuit to repeal Obamacare. (done)
5. Repeal combined reporting and pass a package of pro-business legislation.(done)
6. Kill off the high speed rail project and all wasteful commuter train projects. (done)
7. Kill off the Regional Transit Authority Board. Don’t create any boards that have taxing authority. (soon)
8. Bring back TABOR or some taxpayer bill of rights.
9. End the minimum markup law.
10. End all state mandates and subsidies for Ethanol.
11. Get rid of the mandatory emissions test for
12. End the state tax on Health Savings Accounts. (done)
13. Repeal the Planned Parenthood sponsored Sex Education bill.
14. Allow school districts to negotiate for health insurance on the free market. (done, as part of collective bargaining changes)
15. Create a rainy day fund from excess or unexpected revenues that pour into the state coffers during boom times. (only talk of this so far, so far as I know soon)
16. Eliminate the state income tax on retiree pensions to help keep them in
17. Freeze the property taxes of retirees to keep retirees in
18. Move on reasonable Tort reform. (done, but we could go further in the future)
19. Undo the mandatory car insurance law that Doyle and the democrats passed as a gift to the trial lawyers. (done)
20. Ten percent across the board pay cuts for all state employees. (lets call this done, as part of collective bargaining changes)
21. Repeal the law that allows the state to kill off Indian team nicknames.(Very disappointing, but Rep. VanRoy of
22. Investigate and reform the state’s child welfare system. (being done, but longer process)
23. Go after the fraud in the Food Shares program. (being done, but longer process)
24. End early retirement for public employees, so they can no longer live off of a state pension longer than they ever worked at the job.
25. Change the state law to make MATC and other tech school boards elected positions and accountable to the taxpayers. (Lazich, Darling are on it..vote not pending, though)
26. Reinstitute the QEO for teacher pay. (Again, call it done,
27. Eliminate the rule that has
28. Drop the residency requirements for
29. Negotiate new or different compacts with the Wisconsin Indian tribes.
31. End any state funding of National Public Radio.
32. Stop the excessive building of roundabouts. (more are coming, if the DOT gets it’s way)
33. Reform the
34. Change the law to require
35. Repeal the statewide smoking ban.
36. End the ridiculous rule that says every state building project needs to set aside one percent of the total cost of the project for artwork. (in budget, soon)
37. Expand and/or allow for statewide School Choice. (soon)
38. Expand and/or allow for more Virtual Schools. (?)
39. Increase the reimbursement rate for doctors who see patients on welfare.
40. Review, reform and reduce the number of people on Badgercare. (It’s been talked about, not sure what the status is)
41. Review and repeal the so-called ‘smart growth’ environmental requirements and restrictions, which have hit the point of absurdity.